Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Berlin

Practically Family
"The lovely bones".
Didn't liked it at all.
The-Lovely-Bones-Film.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Berlin, I watched it on a flight last year, and came away very disappointed. Susan Sarandon did a wonderful turn, but other than that it was weak. The ending was particularly poor in my opinion: it almost has the feeling of a TV show which has been told at short notice they had only one more episode to tie everything up when they had been expecting three, and badly edited at that. Friends tell me the book is worth reading, but to be honest I have nil motivation to do so after that. Very disappointed, as I'm quite the fan of Peter Jackson's other work, and especially given what he did with Heavenly Creatures.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Went to the ArtCraft Theater -- Franklin's wonderful art deco movie theater, built by my grandfather -- today to see "The Maltese Falcon." Haven't seen it on a big screen in decades. Wow.

(I loaned them my reproduction of the "blackbird" prop to stick in the box office window.)

Almost Vintage

One of the Regulars
I have not seen The Lovely Bones, but I did read the book. I loved the book, but having read it, I can't picture the movie doing it justice.

The last movie I saw was The Green Hornet. I didn't think I was going to like it because I'm a huge fan of the original series, but I did enjoy it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Teen daughter and I went to the Stanford Theatre in Palo Alto last night. Saw Cleopatra starring Claudette Colbert with Shanghai Express starring Marlene Dietrich. Costumes were great in both, bored by Cleo in spite of the monumental sets, and after a short while we got tired of seeing both actresses completely unbelieveable in their roles basically being shown emoting full face, filling up the screen.

Shoulda gone and bought the DVD version of BBC's Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth, and stayed in to watch that instead. Or taken my daughter to the movies to see The King's Speech.

Last edited:
The Faye Dunaway one, or did I pick up correctly on a rumour there has been a remake?

Faye Dunaway (what a looker she was!) and Beatty. I think the only remake was a TV version quite a while back. I think it's time for another one. The original is fun, but historically lame.

Edit: Just looked on the web, new one pending starring Hillary Duff? I question that casting...

Last edited:

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
I saw Casablanca again last Saturday. It's funny because Ingrid plays Ilsa, and next day my boyfriend's brother called us and said: We have a baby daughter! Her name is Ilsa!
He has no interest in vintage or whatsoever he doesn't even know the movie, talking about coincidence!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy