Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
It with Clara Bow 1927 ((rue))

In keeping with the concept/theory of "six degress of separation," Clara Bow's son, Rex Bell, was the district attorney of Clark County, Nevada (Las Vegas) many years ago, is currently a defense attorney, and if I may boast, one of my very good friends. So it is with great pride that I tell you now that I just finished watching "Viva Las Vegas." I am now watching Las Vegas Story.

Anyone who loves Southern Nevada will appreciate the "old Vegas" scenery of these movies as it existed before the advent of the "Megaresorts." It was really neat to watch Lucky take off in his racecar from somewhere just south of Tropicana, where you could see the very new Thomas and Mack Center of UNLV and the Landmark Hotel in the distance! Funny to see barren desert where now you see old run-down apartment complexes, strip malls, homes, etc.

I know John in Covina will appreciate it, as he clearly knows his Vegas history!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Watched the last installment in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. IMO, if you didn't read the book, you wouldn't have a clue what was going on in the movie. The book was much, much better.

Corto

A-List Customer
"The Man Who Never Was". A movie about "Operation Mincemeat". A bit anti-climactic since we know who wins in the end, but it really takes off in the second half of the film when the Germans launch their counter-intelligence operation. Well done.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Frenzy - pretty grubby movie from Hitchcock with a very disturbing, lengthy and unnecessary rape scene - I always associate Hitchcock's movies with class, suspense, elegance and style but this was just a sordid (and quite stilted) affair.

irb

Familiar Face
The last movie I watched was Pump Up The Volume -- a terrible movie for hats and anyone with a minimal understanding of radio and the FCC, and yet ...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
We caught Flash Gordon (1980) the other night. I forgot how fun that film was in a campy way. Max Von Sydow was perfect as Ming the Merciless. And I forgot how much I enjoyed Peter Wyngarde as Klytus (you may know him as Jason King). All in all a really fun film when you want to imbibe in complete nonsense. Huge and colorful from the sets to the characters. It has the feel of the old sci-fi films back in the day.

Cheers!

Dan

K.McG

New in Town
A League of Their Own. One of my favourites, to which I can attribute my love of vintage as well as of the ukulele to this movie, since it has been a favourite from an early age.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Night and the City (1950) Richard Widmark, Gene Tierney. Night and the City (1950) is a film noir based on the novel by Gerald Kersh, directed by Jules Dassin, and starring Richard Widmark and Gene Tierney. Shot on location in London, the plot evolves around an ambitious hustler whose plans keep going wrong.

The picture is considered a classic of the film noir genre. Director Dassin later confessed that he never read the novel the movie is based upon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany