Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Amélie (2001)

I enjoyed this quite a bit, though the second half could've used some tightening up. Otherwise, great cinematography, camerwork, music score, and cast with Audrey Tautou as charismatic as any performer I've seen.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I saw Donnie Brasco recently. Also Public Enemies 2009. I dont agree with some of the things Johnny Depp has said, but imo, he's one of the finest actors today. Really loved both of those films.

(Also I'm a huge Pacino fan).

:)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Cage of Evil (1960). Not a bad film, flowed well.
Now my wife and I are rewatching Burnt Offerings with Oliver Reed, Karen Black, and Bettye Davis. (1976)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Ferrell is more along the lines of goofy grade school/high school humor.
I saw him in a new Beastie Boys video.
It's funny the first time, but after that he's not so funny.

rue

Sense and Sensibility (1995 version) with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. Excellent, if slightly different adaptation, and the wedding scene at the end brought more than a smile to my face.
Wonderful movie :)

I think I saw some of it a few months back - I just don't think he's a good actor - he's quite one dimensional - I'm amazed he's as successful as he is.

I don't think he's an Oscar winner, by any means, so you're not hurting my feeling or anything :)

I liked him in Swingers, but I just liked that movie anyway. It was so money ;)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Sense and Sensibility (1995 version) with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. Excellent, if slightly different adaptation, and the wedding scene at the end brought more than a smile to my face.

By far my favorite Jane Austen adaptation. A feast of great acting all around, splendid sensitive direction by Ang Lee, and an outstanding script... Emma Thompson wrote it, and won a well-deserved Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay.

I defy anybody to not gasp in sympathy during the penultimate scene, when Hugh Grant reveals that it's his brother and not him who got married, and Thompson trys - and fails - to muffle her tears of astonishment/relief. Wonderfully staged and played!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I defy anybody to not gasp in sympathy during the penultimate scene, when Hugh Grant reveals that it's his brother and not him who got married, and Thompson trys - and fails - to muffle her tears of astonishment/relief. Wonderfully staged and played!

I must admit that the scene you mentioned got to me; so well done. The 1981 BBC version has the whole family, Elinor included, burst out laughing when the revelation is made; quite foolish.

Edward

Bartender
Over the past couple of days I have seen:

Conan - actually quite good, rather than amusingly rubbish as I had expected.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - superb stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24