Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Last night it was The Adventures of Tintin. Wow! The animation was spectacular. The adventure was fast paced and I love how they combined three stories into one. The music is what I expect of John Williams and in many parts it borrows heavily from Last Crusade, with a little Harry Potter thrown in in the lighter more mysterious parts. Over all I was well pleased and will watch it again for sure. Can't wait for the next one to come out in the trilogy.
I loved how they tore up a town piece by piece getting down to the port. That part there had the fast paced Indy feel to it and Spielberg action written all over it. Even had a tank for good measure. I think Spielberg did right by this story and cast of characters. He is a huge fan of the comic & cartoons so it stands to reason he would do it a justice.

Cheers!

Dan

I hope the second installment is just as good as the first. The first could've been better in my opinion, but it wasn't terrible. Certainly a good movie. John Williams, as always, wins again, with his fantastic music. I agree, very Raiders-of-the-Ark in style.

Last movie I watched was "Fiddler on the Roof".

Pompidou

One Too Many
I was looking for a short film for my iPad and came across The Fantastic Flying Books of Morris Lessmore. I think people here would like it. It romanticizes the hardcover book, reading, and features a protagonist modeled after Buster Keaton. It's a silent animated movie that won this year's Oscar. Pretty poignant.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Battle Royale
Now THERE'S a movie to draw to. Excellent film, if not completely original premise. Well visualized though. Makes me wonder if they were forced to do that in Japan, lord knows what we'd do here in America with our teens. Surprized there hasn't been an American remake, or if there is, why I haven't heard of it.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Sound of Music with the kids

Mmnph. Saw that once. It made me root for the Nazis.

Now THERE'S a movie to draw to. Excellent film, if not completely original premise. Well visualized though. Makes me wonder if they were forced to do that in Japan, lord knows what we'd do here in America with our teens. Surprized there hasn't been an American remake, or if there is, why I haven't heard of it.

Worf

Good point, I've never seen anything about a remake either. Maybe in part it was the timing... It was released in 2000, only about a year after the Columbine High School massacre.

swinggal

One Too Many
Perfect Sense. Indi Scottish film (2011) about a global epidemic that wipes out your senses one by one. Stars Ewan McGregor. Very interesting and quite haunting in the end.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
"Silent House." Its main claim to distinction is that it was filmed in all one 90-minute take.

"Rope," it ain't. Far too many closeups and jiggly camera work; and I never did care about the characters.

frussell

One Too Many
All in the same weekend - Melancholia, The Descendants, and Downfall. I had to re-watch The Big Lebowski just to break out of the resulting depression. All were good, in different ways, just a bit much back to back. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot