Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

rayban

New in Town
Smiley's people, directed by Thomas Alfredsson. Apparently he was up for a challenge because it was considered difficult (if not impossible) to surpass the BBC television series (starring Alec Guiness) from the late 70's.

I think he did a terrific job. I liked the movie a lot. Faithfull to Le Carre's original story and quite the opposite of a typical mindless Hollywood mainstream action movie, which no doubt it would have become if an American would have directed it.

But George Smiley was in good hands. Could it have been otherwise? After all three years ago Alfredsson directed 'Let The Right One In'. Magnificent. Brilliant. That movie simply blew me away. I went to see it 5 times!

The American remake didn't. Well....... I didn't even bother to see it. Quite pointless

Last edited:
The Second Woman with Robert Young in a role you would never think of him in. The story just left me stunned at the end. You just sit there and say: What!"
220px-The_Second_Woman_DVD_cover.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Pirate Radio, again...this time I watched the deleted scenes as well. They're funnier than the film! They also explain a lot of holes in the plot (as well as the hole in the ship).

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Saw "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last night...

Hafta say this is much more entertaining & has a more cohesive plot that the 2+ hours of my life I wasted.

[video=youtube_share;8ZvugebaT6Q]http://youtu.be/8ZvugebaT6Q[/video]

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
The Little Princess with Shirley Temple in color.
Red-Haired Alibi
Nancy Drew Reporter
who knew Ted (not under standing the name change) Nickerson had a younger brother and sister and such pests to boot.
Kit Kittredge An American Girl
Molly An American Girl on the Home Front, Deluxe Edition.
Our Gang Follies 1938
What's to Do
Waldo's Last Stand.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Casablanca. Every time I watch this movie I pick up more and more. Love it.

Watching North by Northwest right now. I've seen it a million times and I'm still glued to the screen. Such great suspense.

The Little Princess with Shirley Temple in color.
Red-Haired Alibi
Nancy Drew Reporter
who knew Ted (not under standing the name change) Nickerson had a younger brother and sister and such pests to boot.
Kit Kittredge An American Girl
Molly An American Girl on the Home Front, Deluxe Edition.
Our Gang Follies 1938
What's to Do
Waldo's Last Stand.

Nancy Drew Reporter was a good story and the scenes with the "car bombs" reminds me of a story my father told about doing the same thing to his uncle's car back then. :p I put on my my principal's VW many years ago too. :p The look on their face is always hilarious.

Fog Island
"Leo, a former convict, is living in seclusion on an island with his step-daughter, the daughter of his late wife. Leo was framed by a group of former business associates, and he also suspects that one of them killed his wife. He has invited the group to his island, tempting them by hinting about a hidden fortune, and he has installed a number of traps and secret passages in his home. He is aided in his efforts by a former cell-mate who holds a grudge against the same persons. When everyone arrives, the atmosphere of mutual suspicion and the thick fog that covers the island promise a tense and hazardous weekend for everyone."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda