Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Jigsaw
"When the owner of a printing shop is found dead, the District Attorney assumes that it was a suicide. But the Assistant D.A., Howard Malloy, suspects that there is a connection with an extremist political group called the 'Crusaders'. When a journalist whose articles had attacked the Crusaders is also killed, Malloy is convinced. With help from the widow of a prominent judge, he conducts an investigation. As he does so, he meets a peculiar political boss and also an attractive night club singer, each of whom could become either a source of help or a source of danger."

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Jigsaw
"When the owner of a printing shop is found dead, the District Attorney assumes that it was a suicide. But the Assistant D.A., Howard Malloy, suspects that there is a connection with an extremist political group called the 'Crusaders'. When a journalist whose articles had attacked the Crusaders is also killed, Malloy is convinced. With help from the widow of a prominent judge, he conducts an investigation. As he does so, he meets a peculiar political boss and also an attractive night club singer, each of whom could become either a source of help or a source of danger."

Yeah, but didja like it?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Longest Day. I've seen it a gajillion times, but it's still one of my absolute faves.

Perhaps my most favorite part is when the journalists on the Normandy beach put their news reports on their pigeon carriers. The birds head in the direction of the Germans and the one journalist says in a very British voice, "Damn traitors!" LOL

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Snowtown - Disturbing (and slightly uneven) portrayal of the Snowtown Murders - quite grim but we were thankfully spared a gorefest which it so easily could have been. Excellent performances from all involved - particularly from Daniel Henshall as John Bunting and Lucas Pittaway as Jamie Vlassakis, the young man who falls under his influence.

Algiers
"Pepe Le Moko, a thief who escaped from France with a fortune in jewels, has for two years lived in, and virtually ruled, the mazelike, impenetrable Casbah, "native quarter" of Algiers. A French official insists that he be captured, but sly Inspector Slimane knows he need only bide his time. The suave Pepe increasingly regards his stronghold as also his prison, especially when he meets beautiful Parisian visitor Gaby, who reminds him of the boulevards to which he dare not return...and arouses the mad jealousy of Ines, his Algerian mistress."

Was it worth watching? It had Hedy Lamarr in it for goodness sake---Yes!:p
donadrake5.jpg

The Longest Day. I've seen it a gajillion times, but it's still one of my absolute faves. Perhaps my most favorite part is when the journalists on the Normandy beach put their news reports on their pigeon carriers. The birds head in the direction of the Germans and the one journalist says in a very British voice, "Damn traitors!" LOL

TLD is a great film and they worked hard for it to be a tribute to everyone that was involved with the invasion. The one thing that bothers me is while my German is not great the fudge factor that they take with the English subtitles for the German speaking parts. It is full of short cuts that doesn't quite give the weight of what is being said, a lot of the nuances are lost so the depth and meaning is not there.

Last edited:

jaymag_87

New in Town
I just had the joy of watching "Queen of Outer Space" with Zsa-Zsa Gabor (1958). Watched it on Turner Classic Movies. It was awesome. The sheer misogyny of the whole thing was amazing. Short skirts, hot women, Venus with no men but the crew of a crashed Earth Ship, terrible special effects (by today's standard). I have missed some great entertainment by not watching these old "horror" movies.

DNO

One Too Many
The Longest Day. I've seen it a gajillion times, but it's still one of my absolute faves.

Perhaps my most favorite part is when the journalists on the Normandy beach put their news reports on their pigeon carriers. The birds head in the direction of the Germans and the one journalist says in a very British voice, "Damn traitors!" LOL

It's a movie that can be watched a gajillion times! I always enjoy the scene in which the British paras are finally relieved by ground forces at Pegasus Bridge. "Hold until relieved." I believe that Richard Todd, who plays the commander of the airborne forces that took the bridge, was actually part of the ground forces that did the real relief back in 1944. A lot of the actors in that film fit the roles very well because they themselves served in WWII.

Also in The Longest Day was Gert Frobe who's best-known today as Goldfinger from the James Bond movies.

gert.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80