Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Went out last night and saw: "Safety Not Guaranteed". The folks that did Little Miss Sunshine. Actually quite a good and different movie. Thank goodness for the Laemmle theatres...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Man From Laramie" - Anthony Mann and Jimmy Stewart. Not Wayne and Ford but not far from it if you ask me. I like the "older" Stewart, the post war Stewart, serious, manly, understated and with far more dramatic range.

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The second part of Trader Horn dvr'd off TCM; started it a while ago and just finished it.

Then, Viva Zapata! (1952) with Marlon Brando, Jean Kerr, Anthony Quinn, and John Wiseman, who would go on to play Dr. No in the movie of the same name. I hadn't seen the film in decades; funny how memories of scenes and dialogue can be slightly fuzzy over the years. Playing Pancho Villa was Alan Reed, nee Teddy Bergman, who went on to voice Fred Flintstone. Directed by Elia Kazan, who made the film part noir, part Hollywood biopic, and part cinema verite (cf. the old peasant's body tumbling down the hill into the camera lens).

ambulatingreader

New in Town
The Thin Red Line. This is the most stunningly realistic, beautifully photographed, almost poetic war movie I've ever seen. Better than "Platoon". And I say that as a veteran (11B40) of the 4th Infantry Division, Vietnam 1968.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Been on this Rene Clair kick lately, Under the Roofs of Paris; The Million; and Liberty. Wonderful films. I need more flat caps and tweed belted back jackets...

Just got a remastered, re-released copy of L'Herbier's L'Argent. I love Zola and love Art Deco so I'm excited to see how this one is!

cui-bono

New in Town
The Thin Red Line. This is the most stunningly realistic, beautifully photographed, almost poetic war movie I've ever seen. Better than "Platoon". And I say that as a veteran (11B40) of the 4th Infantry Division, Vietnam 1968.

The Thin Red Line is far and away my favorite war film. Terrence Malick is a fantastic director.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Watched several over the long weekend but the one I enjoyed the most was "The Aviator".
Great movie! DiCaprio was very good, Cate Blanchett absolutely channeled Hepburn and Kate Beckinsale was one of the most fantastic looking women I've ever seen on film.
I'll definitely get a copy for my own collection.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Watched several over the long weekend but the one I enjoyed the most was "The Aviator".
Great movie! DiCaprio was very good, Cate Blanchett absolutely channeled Hepburn and Kate Beckinsale was one of the most fantastic looking women I've ever seen on film.
I'll definitely get a copy for my own collection.

I love that film, I think its one of the best Golden Era period movies made in the past 20 years or so.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

It is beautifully filmed and almost poetic, although it's been criticized for the philosophical voice-over narrations. 11B40? Were you a SFC/PSGT, brother?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy