Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
The 70s had great cinema. The Godfather, The Conversation, The 7-Ups, The French Connection, The Driver, Taxi Driver, Deer Hunter, Chinatown, Jaws, Young Frankenstein, Alien, Dirty Harry, The Man Who Would Be King,..the list goes on and on.

I will not dispute that, some of my favourite films are in your list, however in general period pieces in the 70's were lacking in detail when it came to hairstyles.

Sigh, the amount going on is what I liked about it. maybe it was too complex for the poor darlings.

The key criticism people had of Spiderman III was that it simply had too much going on.

[video=youtube;ErhFqQOEUDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErhFqQOEUDE[/video]

Yes, that 70s Spiderman is what I grew up with. Truly horrific.

Last edited:
Oh and another pile of trash:

werewolf_vs_vampire_woman_poster_02.jpg

See it with someone you hate is right. :rofl:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Really? Any particular reason people thought it was bad? I thought Venom was cool, and I always liked Sandman.
[video=youtube;Q3vJfiClwzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3vJfiClwzM[/video]
Always with the proviso that I'm certainly no comic book or superhero movie fan. The one that was on before it (and preceded it in the franchise) was better, but really, are people honestly looking for a "good movie" when they go to watch superheros? Surely no-one could possibly be looking for anything deep in these movies? They're just a bit of light entertainment, right?
Well, the people who go to see the Dark Knight movies are definitely looking for good, serious movies. And Avengers showed that you could make a really good, well put together action flick without it having to be too deep or dark.

Sigh, the amount going on is what I liked about it. maybe it was too complex for the poor darlings.

It wasn't so much that it was complex, it was that it crammed a bunch of separate stories in without really making it coherent. Also, having Venom, the greatest of the Spidey villains, and only really using him for a couple minutes at the end was a wasted bit of potential.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Watching The Hustler with Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason. Great film and I loved the way Gleason dressed as Minnesota Fats.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
'The Last Starfighter' the other night. I must have watched this 122+ times when I was a kid. Just loved it! Sure, the graphics are dated to today's standards, but it was state of the art when it was originally released in 1984. I still enjoy watching it today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy