Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

The Head(1959)
b00008g8wn-01-lzzzzzzz.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I know I must be in the minority (as it made a lot of money), but I found it to be incredibly boring and forced myself for a reason I do not know, to watch the whole thing.

It's just awful. Not even original either - Dances with Wolves. In Space. With giant Smurfs. And a dash of Fern Gulley.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
It's just awful. Not even original either - Dances with Wolves. In Space. With giant Smurfs. And a dash of Fern Gulley.

:rofl:

Just finished The Chronicles of Riddick. Didn't really get the plot, but enjoyed the special effects, even if it all made no sense. :eusa_doh:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Last Thursday, Singin' in the Rain in the theater, thanks to TCM. What a joy.
Then, Saturday, Spiderman. Very much fun.
And, this evening, Ice Age number whatever.
(and somewhere in there, on Netflix part of a Flatt and Scruggs tv show from the 1950s, and some snippets of Ernie Kovacs)

Dark Star (1974) :p

[video=youtube;gSccwmmrS5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSccwmmrS5A[/video]

Cheesy movie but I love the theme song

[video=youtube;PbbYn7d_W8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbbYn7d_W8s[/video]

Benson, Arizona
Blew warm wind through your hair
My body flies the galaxy,
My heart longs to be there...
:p

bl-010_eb_benson_02.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Brett

New in Town
Hitchcock's Saboteur. Very much a wartime propaganda piece and hamstrung by inadequate stars foisted on Hitch by Universal (Priscilla Lane and Robert Cummings), but the support cast is great as are several of the set pieces, particularly the climax on top of the Statue of Liberty. One wishes he'd saved it for a slightly better film.

It's very much an attempt at an American verison of The 39 Steps, but not quite up to that standard - it's a good 20 minutes too long for a start. We'd have to wait for North by Northwest for Hitch to really outdo 39 Steps.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Batman Returns. So easy to forget, given the sheer awfulness of what followed, just how magical the first two Burton Batman flicks were. By far the best take on Catwoman ever. Overall, the aesthetic was as close to perfect as we'll ever see in a live action film, I think.... in some scenes it was almost (give or take the cars) Batman The Animated Series brought to life.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Batman Returns. So easy to forget, given the sheer awfulness of what followed, just how magical the first two Burton Batman flicks were. By far the best take on Catwoman ever. Overall, the aesthetic was as close to perfect as we'll ever see in a live action film, I think.... in some scenes it was almost (give or take the cars) Batman The Animated Series brought to life.

Agreed! I loved the series & glad you brought that up. Now I need to hunt for it on DVD... :)

W-D Forties

Practically Family

I loved Batman The Animated Series! I used my son as an excuse to watch it when it was on the telly and recently tracked some down on DVD. Until the Heath Ledger version Mark Hamil was the Joker for me. Dark, scary and very well done.

We saw "Moonrise Kingdom" last night. Excellent movie. Takes place in 1965, and does a splendid job of recreating that time for those who grew up then. Yeah, it's an odd story of course, but very well done! Great cast too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24