Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Honolulu Baby

New in Town
Mele Kalikimaka to all,

I’m a budding film historian, so that means I get to watch a lot of silent and classic films.
The latest viewing was Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
The Man Who Came To Dinner
One of my favorite xmas films. Bette Davis & Ann Sheridan are gorgeous ... Monty Woolley is perfect for the part too, my insidious insulting hero. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Holiday Inn.
It's the start of several we have lined up on DVD.
Ending with A Christmas Story. I know, but I can't help myself...I've got several copies of it on VHS and DVD.
Plus I have a full size leg lamp. :D

We saw Django tonight at Todd-AO. I take back everything I thought I'd think about it after reading reviews and seeing trailers. It's fantastic. Christoph Waltz is absolutely brilliant. I think even better than Basterds. Ecen at three hours, I had no trouble sitting through it all. Amazing Wyoming scenery and interesting music. The shootouts are violent and bloody as hell. Over the top, and probably the only thing that I'd say doesn't add to the movie for me.
If you like QT's work, you'll love this. The whole cast is excellent, including Foxx.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Butter

A delightfully campy sweet silly move about a group of people involved in a butter carving competition. I really didnt think it was going to be as good as it was. It's not as raunchy as the trailer insinuates. And the little girl playing Destiny is absolutely beautiful.

[video=youtube;Chf0ze80F3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chf0ze80F3w[/video]

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Butter

A delightfully campy sweet silly move about a group of people involved in a butter carving competition. I really didnt think it was going to be as good as it was. It's not as raunchy as the trailer insinuates. And the little girl playing Destiny is absolutely beautiful.

[video=youtube;Chf0ze80F3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chf0ze80F3w[/video]
Olivia Wilde is in it? You got me sold on it, I will have to check this one out.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
heh heh ... Love that one. Maybe its about time for Santa Claus vs the Martians
I might have to pull that one out too.
It's got big name stars in it. Okay Pia Zadora as a kid, I think that was the only star power (if you can call it that) they have. :D
Plus Droppo, who can forget him?

We saw Django tonight at Todd-AO. I take back everything I thought I'd think about it after reading reviews and seeing trailers. It's fantastic. Christoph Waltz is absolutely brilliant. I think even better than Basterds. Ecen at three hours, I had no trouble sitting through it all. Amazing Wyoming scenery and interesting music. The shootouts are violent and bloody as hell. Over the top, and probably the only thing that I'd say doesn't add to the movie for me.
If you like QT's work, you'll love this. The whole cast is excellent, including Foxx.

That's what I wanted to hear as we have been looking forward to seeing this flick. Waltz has been entertaining in everything I have seen him in so I was glad to see he was a part of the cast.

That's what I wanted to hear as we have been looking forward to seeing this flick. Waltz has been entertaining in everything I have seen him in so I was glad to see he was a part of the cast.
We're going back today. He's simply incredible, and if he doesn't get nominated/win the Oscar, I'd be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy