Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Storm Warning (1951) with Ginger Rogers, Ronald Reagan, and Doris Day (billed in that order). Grim, gritty film about the KKK. Reagan is the DA for a small town in a nameless southern state; Day is the wife of local mill worker who's a member of the group, and Rogers is Day's sister, who stops for a visit and get caught up in mob violence and intimidation. Downbeat throughout, right up to the end.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Storm Warning (1951) with Ginger Rogers, Ronald Reagan, and Doris Day (billed in that order). Grim, gritty film about the KKK. Reagan is the DA for a small town in a nameless southern state; Day is the wife of local mill worker who's a member of the group, and Rogers is Day's sister, who stops for a visit and get caught up in mob violence and intimidation. Downbeat throughout, right up to the end.

I've never seen it. It came on one afternoon when I was home sick... My mother was with me, she'd grown up in the South under Jim Crow, she knew the film well... she turned it off and would NOT let me see it. I've not seen it to this day.

Worf

Same here... great story. Amazing fedoras, suits and acting. And the greatest of all the film noir femme fatales. In this one the women were clearly more dangerous than the men... by a long sight!

Worf

I have watched it a few times on TCM and always enjoyed it and not just because of Greer who I'd like to believe was just misunderstood.
:D

Watching 'High Noon' right now...again!

Fantastic movie. If you want to see another Grace Kelly as stoic wife movie, I would recommend "The Country Girl," as a lesser-known, but incredibly well done Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby movie that, while not noir, has a dark tone throughout. And shows that both Kelly and Crosby were real actors needing not looks nor voice (respectably) to carry a movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot