Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

hatguy1

One Too Many
Caught a rerun of the 1977 Gregory Peck classic "MacArthur." That was a serious corn cob pipe he (Big Mac) smoked.

MacArthur Peck.jpg macarthur_pipe_400.jpg

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I`m watching The Lost Weekend on TCM I`m not much into the Superbowl. Ray Milland was brilliant as an alcoholic who is at the end of his rope.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ohhhh, that hurts. What a waste of a historic airframe.

Keep in mind, they were just another obsolete airplane at the time! It is unbelievable, that even marked down to $1500, there were few takers right after the war, B-17s were pretty useless! After they were melted down, people figured out what great planes they were in the fire fighting business, then the price went up big time!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I watched the end of The Aviator. Wish there was more flying. Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes and Alec Baldwin as Juan Trippe, were actually not bad. Ironic, after the big battle, PanAm and TWA are both just nostalgic memories! Sad to see Hughes go from some one every man wanted to be, to a man none of us would want to be like.

Keep in mind, they were just another obsolete airplane at the time! It is unbelievable, that even marked down to $1500, there were few takers right after the war, B-17s were pretty useless! After they were melted down, people figured out what great planes they were in the fire fighting business, then the price went up big time!

I would have taken two at that price. :D

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Exodus (2010)

part 2 of the Burnt by the Sun trilogy. There's a rather powerful scene of a Russian soldier slowly dying after his legs have been crushed by a tank. Unable to move, you just see his eyes moving slowly as he is gradually covered by the falling snow.

Friday: How to Make a Monster (1958). Movie monster make-up artist Pete Dumond gets the axe by the studio's new bosses after 25 years of service, so he plots to destroy the studio by creating a hypnosis-inducing makeup which he applies to a couple of actors (made up as a teenage werewolf and a teenage Frankenstein monster) before sending them out to murder the new bosses. Believe it or not, it's not as good as it sounds. lol

Saturday: Argo (2012). Not exactly factual (from what I've read), but still a pretty good movie.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
MST3K Gamera vs Barugon
Actually a very good effort.
Dumb movie though, and that's coming from a man that knows B movies (and sometimes down towards the Z ones). :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy