Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

zaika

One Too Many
Hamlet (1948) w/ Lawrence Olivier. I was prepared for a very boring movie (I was knitting, so...background noise is great), but I didn't get any knitting done. What an excellent film! I see why it, and Olivier, won an Academy Award.
Speaking of Shakespeare in early-ish film. Probably my favorite Shakespeare movie to date is Midsummer's Night Dream (1935). James Cagney, Olivia de Havilland, Victor Jory, and Mickey Rooney.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
LordJohnRoxton said:
Murder, My Sweet Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, and Anne Shirley

One pf my favorite noirs (in fact, it helps define what noir is). Outstanding film, innovatively directed (Edward Dmytryk) and a career re-inventor for Powell.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Hondo said:
Sorry kid, I doubt Viggo Mortensen really has those tattoos, Although I have one tattoo when I was younger, (faded falcon & cobra) I am not a big fan of them especially on woman which I find a bit ugly, just my opinion, Viggo has been a favorite since Hidalgo, the DVD does have info on Russian mafia tattoos, their meaning. even with the violence, I thought it was a good portrayal, or plot.

Yeah, the DVD features were great. I thought the portrayal of the Russian mob was really interesting, esp. because every fourth movie nowadays has an Italian mafia subplot.

It's not just that the tattoos were on Viggo....it's that the tattoos were so cool...church domes, stars. Quite a change from the SEMPER FI ones that you see everywhere in my town.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My daughter begged me to watch The Fox and the Hound 2 with her last night. Cute, very predictable, and Patrick Swayze is the voice of a dog - and he sings.:eek: He did a fine job, actually.

Now I want to watch the original Fox and the Hound - that was a great flick.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Went to the movies with some friends who wanted to see No Country for Old Men; I wasn't in the mood so I ducked into The Other Boleyn Girl. It was as soap opera-ish as I anticipated but enjoyable. Natalie Portman was surprisingly good and I loved David Morrissey and Jim Sturgess. Lovely cinematography and costumes, as one would expect. Be warned, there's a brief rape scene if you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LordJohnRoxton said:
Chaim Potok's The Chosen

I love Barry Miller, especially in that. I saw him on Broadway in Biloxi Blues way back in the 80's and he was amazing. Wish he'd do more film work.

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Bob Mitchum is tougher than you are

Out of the Past

Kathie Moffat: Oh, Jeff, I don't want to die!
Jeff Bailey: Neither do I, baby, but if I have to I'm gonna die last.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
carebear said:
"No Country For Old Men", at the local theatre pub.

Halibut tacos and a nice amber ale.

That's good moviegoing, friend-o.

I would say thats awesome moviegoing. friend-o.
I too saw "No Country For Old Men" and then watched "Gone Baby Gone".

The "Gone.." movie lacked originality but "No Country For Old Men" was one I went and bought a copy, and I have re-watched it since. Good film, I did the "pub-thing" in house. Thats a good moviegoing experience as well!lol lol

Avalon

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Yes she was! There's a new biography of Joan Crawford Not the Girl Next Door by Charlotte Chandler, and it's the best yet. Avalon, you've been away awhile haven't you? Nice to see you back.
I saw Hugh Beaumont in The Lady Confesses, it was good.

I have been! Thanks for the welcome back! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo