Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
The Wrestler. Wonderful, beautiful portrait, but quite predictable and perhaps in the long run, quite forgettable.

Not your typical Aronofsky movie, either. People actually laughed! :eek: lol

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
The Wrestler. Wonderful, beautiful portrait, but quite predictable and perhaps in the long run, quite forgettable.

Not your typical Aronofsky movie, either. People actually laughed! :eek: lol

Wait, I want to revise this. I thought about The Wrestler all night last night. Maybe not as ephemeral as I first thought. Some scenes really seem to have struck me deeply, especially the mirroring that was going on between Randy and the stripper Casey/Pam. Man, she was a good character too.

thewrestlerposter.jpg

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
We just saw Knowing last night. Nicholas Cage is an MIT astrophysics professor who decodes predictions left by a strange little girl in a time capsule in 1959.

Very spooky film with many tense moments, but we enjoyed it.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I showed my daughter the 1944 Jane Eyre with Joan Fontaine and Orson Welles. It's still my favorite adaptation of the book, and has wonderfully noirish sets and photography, plus one of Bernard Herrmann's best scores.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Wait, I want to revise this. I thought about The Wrestler all night last night. Maybe not as ephemeral as I first thought. Some scenes really seem to have struck me deeply, especially the mirroring that was going on between Randy and the stripper Casey/Pam. Man, she was a good character too.

thewrestlerposter.jpg

I watched "The Wrestler" this week. I didn't care for it. Maybe I'll re-watch it again but I haven't had your experience of appreciating it later.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
tonight the entire family is watching...

"Scaramouche" again on DVD. Starring Stewart Granger, Mel Ferrer, Eleanor Parker, Janet Leigh, Nina Foche. After 57 years, STILL the best sword fighting on film- barr none! There were seven different sword fights in this film, the longest went over seven minutes. NO stunt men- Stewart and Mel did all their own stunts. The interview with Mel Ferrer on the special features is terrific. If you haven't seen this one yet, you need to. HIGHLY recommended.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

rabnebanadijodimovieposterdubbagol.jpg

Amazingwonderfulfantastic. Exactly what I needed to get my mind off the 12 page paper due on Monday. Seen with an auditorium full of equally enthused, rabid Bollywood fans who sang, danced and yelled at the screen.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
"Scaramouche" again on DVD. Starring Stewart Granger, Mel Ferrer, Eleanor Parker, Janet Leigh, Nina Foche. After 57 years, STILL the best sword fighting on film- barr none! There were seven different sword fights in this film, the longest went over seven minutes. NO stunt men- Stewart and Mel did all their own stunts. The interview with Mel Ferrer on the special features is terrific. If you haven't seen this one yet, you need to. HIGHLY recommended.

I will definitely have a look at that one, I don't remember ever seeing it before.

The sword fights would have to be pretty darn good. In "The Court Jester" there's a brilliant scene between Danny Kaye and Basil Rathbone that just rocks.

SPOILER ALERT!
Kaye's character is the hero (as if Rathbone could be the good guy) who has been hypnotised into thinking he is the greatest swordsman in all Europe. He goes in and out of the trance at the click of a finger. Of course he keeps going in and out of hypnosis. One of the funniest scenes ever filmed, and one of the greatest sword fight ever filmed too Apparently Rathbone choreographed the whole scene as he was an expert swordsman himself

Hondo

One Too Many
The Duchess

Keira Knightley was excellent, so was Ralph Fiennes tells you about males being head of house hold or dominating back then, "The Duchess" is a costume drama based on the life of Princess Diana's ancestor Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire, who was celebrated and scandalous in her time, late 18th century England. Nice film, worth while if you go for 18th century stuff ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24