Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I've been very absorbed by the BBC/PBS miniseries WWII Behind Closed Doors. It tells the story of the Stalin/Churchill/FDR relationship in docudrama, with narration and historic footage mixed in, and the overall effect is gripping. The actors portraying Big Joe and FDR are particularly evocative of the real thing.

The series also illuminates some little-known (yes, there are some) aspects of the war, with much info (and even dialogue) taken from Soviet archives locked up till the fall of the USSR. Stalin's eagerness to crush eastern Poland into complete submission is one side of the story that hasn't been much looked into until now.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I watched The Thin Man episode that comes as a bonus feature in the boxed set. Phyllis Kirk was a good Nora, but Peter Lawford was all wrong as Nick. Naturally, I'd buy the whole series should it ever come to DVD...lol

JennyLou

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
Nope....just nope.

Yes...Nate is decent...Callan is decent. Thats -it- for decent -characters- that they bothered to actually develop at all.

and McGee actually knew how to run the screen-geek-toy.....which I am very sorry absolutely CANNOT be said for Mr. Cool J, who looked like he had not a single clue.....very uncomfortable with it. So yes...go McGee (who is my favorite anyhow)
WoW!!! I just figured out that there will be a whole new spin-off series called NCIS: Los Angeles. I don't mind but I hope they still keep the original going strong- I just love Gibbs and the team.[huh] .

Spiffy

A-List Customer
The season finale of How I Met Your Mother.
Um...I cried a little bit during the finale scene as they all take "The Leap." I'm a sucker that way.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
The sixth season Hawaii Five-O episode "Death With Father." The first H5O episode directed by Jack Lord. It guest-starred a pre-Rich Man, Poor Man Peter Strauss and Andrew Duggan, who was married to Elizabeth Logue, the girl who runs on the beach in the show's famous opening credits. Why Peter Strauss didn't become as famous as RMPM co-star Nick Nolte is indeed a mystery...

For anyone that's seen this episode:

"Come on, you're coming with me."

"No, pop-- you're coming with me."

Chilling.

NCIS Marathon on USA on Saturday, and right now "Dear Food Network: Grilling".

Sucked when Shepard bit the big one, but you knew it was gonna happen as soon as she started opening up about her past with Gibbs. Leon Vance is, put it simply, a snake who has to go. And eliminating my favorite character... (have I mentioned having a crush on Ziva? Bright, beautiful, crazy, tough as nails and a crack shot, what's not to love? :eek: lol) Too bad they didn't do more with the angle between her and McGee...

JennyLou

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
NCIS Marathon on USA on Saturday, and right now "Dear Food Network: Grilling".

Sucked when Shepard bit the big one, but you knew it was gonna happen as soon as she started opening up about her past with Gibbs. Leon Vance is, put it simply, a snake who has to go. And eliminating my favorite character... (have I mentioned having a crush on Ziva? Bright, beautiful, crazy, tough as nails and a crack shot, what's not to love? :eek: lol) Too bad they didn't do more with the angle between her and McGee...
Ziva is such a better character than Kate. Kate was boring and annoying but Ziva is so interesting and mysterious. My favorite girl on NCIS is Abby. She is so cute and funny. I'm in love McGee- he is my kinda of guy.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Dixie_Amazon said:
Monster Quest.

Me too! I was on the phone with my younger brother this weekend, arguing about if giant octopi were possible. He lives an hour away. Whatever....free family minutes/family bonding made possible by Monster Quest.

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
I've just watched "The Goode Family" a new offering from Mike Judge (Beavis & Butt-head, King of the Hill). It's an animated sitcom based around a family of politically correct, liberal vegans.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a "liberal King of the Hill". The characters are not believable and it doesn't seem to aim to do more than mock liberal straw men. Hopefully it will improve.

Spiffy said:
Me too! I was on the phone with my younger brother this weekend, arguing about if giant octopi were possible. He lives an hour away. Whatever....free family minutes/family bonding made possible by Monster Quest.
:eek:fftopic:: We don't even know everything that's on land, how can we claim to fully comprehend what does and doesn't lurk in the deep? Datapoint to use on the rematch for ya...

JennyLou

Practically Family
Right now I'm watching NCIS reruns on USA channel but I'm getting tired of it because I've seen all these episodes many times but I don't know what else to watch. I miss when Spike TV played episodes of Star Trek Voyager at this time of the day.

This is one of the advantages of buying season DVD-sets... not subject to the whims of some turkey in Programming.

"When in doubt... CHEAT!" lol

Now if only they'd get with the program (excuse the pun) on Season 2 boxes for The Equalizer and Burn Notice... (am I the only one who sees shades of a latter-day Robert McCall in Mike Westen?)

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)
via FoxyTunes

anon`

One Too Many
JennyLou said:
Ziva is such a better character than Kate. Kate was boring and annoying but Ziva is so interesting and mysterious. My favorite girl on NCIS is Abby. She is so cute and funny. I'm in love McGee- he is my kinda of guy.
Everybody's favourite character on NCIS is Abby ;)

(Ok, so maybe that's a stretch, but seriously! Forensic science geek, totally oddball set of likes and aesthetics and killer taste in music... what's not to love?)

Anyway, back on subject: Due South. I just finished (well, earlier today, at any rate) "Call of the Wild, Part 1" and am about to start on part two. Sadly, I know it's the last episode and I'm rather hesitant to watch it =/

anon` said:

(Ok, so maybe that's a stretch, but seriously! Forensic science geek, totally oddball set of likes and aesthetics and killer taste in music... what's not to love?)
Sorry, Abbs just kinda creeps me out--Ziva, at least I can understand how her mind works, she's like a more sane, female version of myself.:eek: lol

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - To Hell With Blofeld
via FoxyTunes

JennyLou

Practically Family
anon` said:

And she has an awesome personality- always positive and smiling! I love her style also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany