Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Iowa Public TV's Saturday in the Park, a live musicfest held in Sioux City every summer.
This year featured Shemekia Copeland, a fantastic young blues shouter.
Shemekia-Copeland-Color-Pho.jpg

Unfortunately she was followed by the insufferably phoney-baloney rave-up that calls itself Counting Crows.
adam-duritz.jpg

Adam DuRitz' good taste in clothes doesn't extend to his music.

klind65

One of the Regulars
Well, I quit watching television about eight years ago but I can tell you one of my favorite television series ever was "The Twilight Zone". I've got the entire set on DVD now and will watch them all, then let many months pass so that I'll forget their respective denouements - then watch them all again. That Rod Serling possessed both a keen abstract intellect and a refreshingly unusual imagination.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
klind65 said:
That Rod Serling possessed both a keen abstract intellect and a refreshingly unusual imagination.

I'd settle for "he was keen" :D

You know, he used to write his scripts by the pool. My two favourites are "Living Doll" (My name is Talkie Tina...) and "The After Hours" (Marsha and the mannequins).

manneq.jpg

klind65

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
I'd settle for "he was keen" :D

You know, he used to write his scripts by the pool. My two favourites are "Living Doll" (My name is Talkie Tina...) and "The After Hours" (Marsha and the mannequins).

manneq.jpg
Yes! :eusa_clap I love "After Hours" too. It may be my very favorite. Also one called the "Hitchhiker", "The Monsters on Maple Street", "The Jungle" ( I may not be quoting exact titles) and the very first one, "Where is Everybody". I know I have other favorites, but not having the collection in front of me, can't recall the names. Great photo!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Being Human

A BBC series about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost sharing a house in Bristol.

I know, right. :)
I saw the pilot then the first 2 eps, and they used different actors for some of the characters (not to mention that they reference some goings on in the pilot which makes you want to see it if you havent) than in the eps which is a shame.

The werewolf character is the funniest. I can just imagine the sit down the actor had with the producer. "Youre going to be naked in the show...a lot. If youre okay with that..." lol

LD

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
American Masters' tribute to John Ford and John Wayne.
One might argue about the Duke's mythic primacy, but about Pappy Ford - who was pretty much the creator of that myth - there's no argument. He was the alpha dog of postwar American culture: sooner or later, you had to deal with him. I think you still do.
john-ford-1936_rko-photo-crop.jpg

BlameOnMame

New in Town
DEXTER IS AMAZING
(I haven't had TV in years so I just discovered it) I watched every episode over the period of like four days. I was completely obsessed. That's all I did at work for four days straight.

I guess Showtime leaked episode one of the new season and I accidentally came across it online. INTENSE.
Has anyone else seen it?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dexter is THE ONE and only show I am looking forward to this entire upcoming season. Now that he has a kid, and a family, Im intrigued to see what turns his life will take. I really hope they keep the visions of his father coming, those were some of my favorite parts.

Season 3 was near perfection, 'cept for the end, but hey. So I have very high hopes for season 4.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Season Finale of True Blood.

I give up on this show. Im sick of them changing story logic just to advance the plot. The only cool characters in the show are Sam and Hoit, and Im glad they got as much screen time as they did, but I dont want to watch a whole show just to follow a couple of side characters. *sigh*

LD

High Pockets

Practically Family
I got halfway through the first season of Mad Men last night,....in between episodes I got up, went to Amazon and bought Season 2.

It was just a month ago, when Season 3 started, that I read some of you talking about it and how you couldn't wait for the premier. Prior to that, I'd never even heard of the show!!

:) I'm hooked, and in the process of DVRing the new season, without watching of course, while I play catch-up!

During that timeline I was the age of the kids on that show, living in New York...I remember it all so well. :D

It was a wonderful time for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick