Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I think you mean Houston's playoff loss to Buffalo. That my friend was the collapse of all collapses. Right up there with Boston's Game Six loss to the Mets in '86. I personally don't know how any Red Sox fans survived the night. To be on the cusp.. to have victory in your hands... only to drop the trophy on the way to the podium. To watch someone you had beaten, defeated, vanquished, rise like Nosferatu from the coffin to steal the bread from your mouth... the wine from your cup!

Worf

The Buffalo/Houston game was a regular season game with an illegal pass deemed a lateral. I was very happy with Reich and Buffalo's comeback. I liked Moon. I liked Campbell. I have never liked Houston.

That was a most evil end to the series. I have never gotten over that loss as well.
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Full Custom Garage. A little disappointed! Not in Ian Roussel's work, it was a great as ever! He built a minivan like you would see in the back of Popular Mechanics back in the 70s. Turns out, all you got for your money was plans, talk about a let down, probably why I have never seen one in the flesh! He did a great job. I do like this show, shame it get's so little attention! Maybe if he threw hissy fits, and used a lot of four letter words he would get noticed.

Over the last two days, I've binged watched the first 12 episodes of "The Blacklist." Absolutely blown away by the level of plot development and by James Spader. Once again, the best TV today is far superior to almost every movie made now.

Over the last two days, I've binged watched the first 12 episodes of "The Blacklist." Absolutely blown away by the level of plot development and by James Spader. Once again, the best TV today is far superior to almost every movie made now.
I'm convinced Spader is the main reason The Blacklist is still on the air. Were it not for his compelling performances the show would likely be just another in a long line of run-of-the-mill police procedurals, and may not have survived beyond the first season.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
just came to a stunning realization! I did watch some TV tonight, before I got on the computer. For the life of me I can not remember a single one of the shows I watched! I hope they were not good.:confused:

I'm convinced Spader is the main reason The Blacklist is still on the air. Were it not for his compelling performances the show would likely be just another in a long line of run-of-the-mill police procedurals, and may not have survived beyond the first season.

I only knew Spader form those silly 1980s teen flicks until now. The guy is a real actor with nuance, verve, touch and intense emotion. He can imbue a line with three meanings or deliver a line with bone-chilling fear or light-hearted laughter. His talent is incredible and, as you said, makes the show stand above other similar shows.

I only knew Spader form those silly 1980s teen flicks until now...
Yeah, for quite some time it seemed they would only cast him to play the arrogant, snobbish, rich kid who usually gets his comeuppance by the end of the movie. I think the first movie that showed he could do considerably more than that was Sex, Lies, and Videotape, but even after that it took a while for him to shake that "rich kid" typecasting.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Frontline: Putin's Way. 110 Russians own 35% of the total wealth of the country. 110. The average annual income is $871. The average annual income in India is around $1000. Puts it in perspective. That was one worrisome hour of TV.

The Green Mile on AMC. Probably for the 3rd or 4th time.
Still a powerful movie for me....
It's a good one. I watch it almost every time I run into it.

American Horror Story: Freak Show season finale
They don't do endings particularly well, and this one may have been the worst yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw