Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Agent Carter, looking for the taxi cab; thought I saw it parked on the street in the distance.
My wife really likes the fashions, though she's not a fan of the Golden Age; some of the suits are great, and the ties look excellent.
Someone posted that this is the final season. Aw, shucks...

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Living life on the extremes.

Downton Abbey. Episode 7. Confession: I watched 1-8 as they aired in the UK, and because I felt they were so exceptional, I decided to hold off on the final episode until it aired in the US. I think I'd pit this episode against any of the brilliant first two seasons. The words, situations, and acting were immaculate. And what a fantastic idea to use racing, those great cars, and beautiful shots as a device.

SPOILER (sort of): if you've followed Fellowes at all, you know he loves happy endings.

Vikings. season 4 opener. I swear this has to be a sidejob for the likes of a full-time Honeebooboo writer. With each episode, I'm stupider and stupider. Hasn't the hateful arranged spouse gone devoted to literal death (Rollo and princess) recently been done on Game of Thrones a couple times? Why bother with imagination? Create something, PLEASE. Not to mention the horrid dialogue.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Deadwood, season 3, episodes 5-7. Free HBO this weekend means binge watching an old favorite show with Hubby. I love Ian McShane as Al.

One of those shows I missed during its run that I need to see, as usual, when time permits!

I love Ian from his Lovejoy series. Crime mysteries, antiques and the English countryside - what's not to like?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
One of those shows I missed during its run that I need to see, as usual, when time permits!

I love Ian from his Lovejoy series. Crime mysteries, antiques and the English countryside - what's not to like?

I was fully prepared to hate it because of the harsh language, but when I looked past all of the cussing (of which there is a lot), it is a really lovely series. Gritty, violent, but almost Shakespearean dialogue. I especially like Al's monologs. I hope you get to enjoy it. But be warned - you'll likely get hooked.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I was fully prepared to hate it because of the harsh language, but when I looked past all of the cussing (of which there is a lot), it is a really lovely series. Gritty, violent, but almost Shakespearean dialogue. I especially like Al's monologs. I hope you get to enjoy it. But be warned - you'll likely get hooked.

Looking forward to it - I don't watch something unless I AM hooked!

Gotta get Penny Dreadful, Vikings and Jekyll and Hyde caught up on first!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Even though you know you are supposed to hate him, you cannot help loving Al. McShane did such a wonderful job. Great show.
:D

My other favorite is Jane. I cannot imagine anyone else playing that part.

But then again, there are so many loveable supporting characters - Ellsworth, Dan, Johnny, Jewel, Trixie, Charlie Utter, Joanie, Mr. Wu, Doc. Really, it is so well cast.

The only character I cannot stand is Cy Tolliver. That is good, though. He is supposed to be despicable, and he does it so well.

The language bothered us as well, at first, but not for long. The stories, the acting, the visuals, the characters all suck you in until you fiend for the next episode. :D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The language bothered us as well, at first, but not for long. The stories, the acting, the visuals, the characters all suck you in until you fiend for the next episode. :D

Last night we watched Dan's brawl with Hurst's man, Capt. Turner. Gruesome, but fitting to the series. The scene after with Dan & Johnny (not showing Dan's face, but just his back) crushed me. So powerful.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
For the Deadwood fans, check out the other top level Milch creations of Luck and NYPD Blue. Deadwood was born out of NYPD Blue. You'd be surprised how much of it, including the cast, has been with Milch for a really long time. Luck is nice because it is only a 9-episode investment. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Milch is one of the all-time greatest TV writers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24