Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

skydog757

A-List Customer
Modern Family "Halloween Four: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (I dvr'd it). The series continues to be both clever and funny. I get at least one genuine laugh per episode, and I consider myself a tough audience.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Strain. That was a little too quick and easy and quickly back again. With a good season, I liked where it was going...and then they lost me in the final few minutes. A big no-no in my book is to present what is basically a definitive ending...suddenly at the "conclusion"...and then to pull it all away a few minutes later just to keep the series going. And then to pull it away with something simple, after we've been building a good line? It's crappy in so many ways. Another of the cheap plot devices that irritate me enough to consider stop watching. Don't take the audience for granted, and don't insult their devotion.

Indian Summers. Another good episode, and though this kind of power play is likely to be realistic, particularly in a culture where women are property, it took me by surprise. I'm not a prude. I'm fine with raciness. I don't know. I can't explain it. It all seemed a bit too crude for the show. That kind of betrayal and ambition/greed always punches me in the gut. That's the intention; to knock the wind out of you. It worked. It always happens to the truly devoted and loving, so it is that much more brutal. Maybe I'll feel differently about it by next episode.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The Strain. That was a little too quick and easy and quickly back again. With a good season, I liked where it was going...and then they lost me in the final few minutes. A big no-no in my book is to present what is basically a definitive ending...suddenly at the "conclusion"...and then to pull it all away a few minutes later just to keep the series going. And then to pull it away with something simple, after we've been building a good line? It's crappy in so many ways. Another of the cheap plot devices that irritate me enough to consider stop watching. Don't take the audience for granted, and don't insult their devotion.

I concur. I didn't like how the timing contrived to rob us of any satisfaction. Who knows if the series will even be renewed. Still I'm much less hacked off at "The Strain" than I am at TWD which I still have not watched this season.

Worf

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
During my sons afternoon nap I watched the final episode of Agent Carter. I can concede that the second season was lacking, certainly when compared with the first season. That said I would rather ABC had not cancelled the show.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
American Pickers. Gave up on the show a while back, but happened to watch this one. Got to like a guy that drives a ferret, and has a two story high Tesla coil!

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
During my sons afternoon nap I watched the final episode of Agent Carter. I can concede that the second season was lacking, certainly when compared with the first season. That said I would rather ABC had not cancelled the show.

In last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Peggy was given an honorable mention, as was the Zero Matter from that second season. The plot of this season is lining up with what's happening now only to leave us viewers hanging until the end of the month. Thanks ABC. :eek:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
In last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Peggy was given an honorable mention, as was the Zero Matter from that second season. The plot of this season is lining up with what's happening now only to leave us viewers hanging until the end of the month. Thanks ABC. :eek:

Yeah... ain't that a kick in teeth! Well I understand why no show NEXT Tuesday. There'll be enough horror/sci-fi on election night to fill a Hammer Film, but why no episode till the 29th? Cheap miserable so and so's......

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy