Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pocahontas: Beyond The Myth. Amazing how much of the history we were taught back in the good old days, was nothing but bunk!

Pocahontas: Beyond The Myth. Amazing how much of the history we were taught back in the good old days, was nothing but bunk!
"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." I'm fascinated by television shows and documentaries that essentially show that 90% of what we were taught in school was only partially right, or completely wrong. But after watching them I think, "But what if what I just watched is wrong too?" :confused:

Based on a Lizzie endorsement, I watched "Deep Space Nine's" episode "Trial an Tribble-ations."

Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" nailed a good life philosophy tenet with "Sometimes you just gotta say 'what the f***!'"

This seems to have been the purpose of this episode - "screw it, let's have some fun, let's do what we want, let's mash this series up with the original - oh, and let's find a way to do that with one of the most-fun original episodes."

I've never seen "Deep Space Nine" (the only Star Trek series I've missed), so the chemistry and inside stuff of that series blew by me, but it was clear Sisko (a character I think I'd like) enjoyed playing the final scene "opposite" Kirk.

And that's it in a nutshell - fun and enjoyment. The episode's plot of time travel (yeah, sure, some temporal orb makes it possible) driven by a Klingon agent ruined by Kirk trying to get even by blowing Kirk up (double "yeah, sure") is a big who cares. What matters is there's tribbles, there's very good '90s technology blending the old series' clips with the new and there's plenty of humor to match the original episode's light, funny approach.

The next best thing to an episode sequel - well, I guess that's what this is, kinda.

Also fun to see Worf (one of the few characters I liked in "ST TNG") and O'Brien again. And Dax seems like she has a lot of personality.

And, one more, really good to see the tribbles move a bit this time.

Last edited:
Based on a Lizzie endorsement, I watched "Deep Space Nine's" episode "Trial an Tribble-ations."

Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" nailed a good life philosophy tenet with "Sometimes you just gotta say 'what the f***!'"

This seems to have been the purpose of this episode - "screw it, let's have some fun, let's do what we want, let's mash this series up with the original - oh, and let's find a way to do that with one of the most-fun original episodes."

I've never seen "Deep Space Nine" (the only Star Trek series I've missed), so the chemistry and inside stuff of that series blew by me, but it was clear Sisko (a character I think I'd like) enjoyed playing the final scene "opposite" Kirk.

And that's it in a nutshell - fun and enjoyment. The episode's plot of time travel (yeah, sure, some temporal orb makes it possible) driven by a Klingon agent ruined by Kirk trying to get even by blowing Kirk up (double "yeah, sure") is a big who cares. What matters is there's tribbles, there's very good '90s technology blending the old series' clips with the new and there's plenty of humor to match the original episode's light, funny approach.

The next best thing to an episode sequel - well, I guess that's what this is, kinda.

Also fun to see Worf (one of the few characters I liked in "ST TNG") and O'Brien again. And Dax seems like she has a lot of personality.

And, on more, really good to see the tribbles move a bit this time.

You really should check out DS9. It is a different animal than the other Star Trek series. It's very enjoyable for it's mix of personalities and unique story lines.

Even more Sneaky Pete.
It is getting even more entertaining with each episode.
:D

We finished up Sneaky Pete awhile back. I found it to be very enjoyable. While I think the series could easily be a standalone, they're obviously going back for another round at the end (not really a spoiler). Could still be fun.

Finished up Iron Fist last night. Pretty uneven and definitely the weakest link in the Marvel/Netflix stable. I had trouble in that the overarching plot seemed to be somewhat directionless. The last episode didn't feel like they had really accomplished much or reached any kind of conclusion. The lead actor (Finn Jones), whether through his acting or poor direction, is all over the map. I find his over the top reactions and anger to be distracting from the story. There are some fine performances turned in, however. Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum is pretty good. The character goes through several "incarnations," where you want to hate him, then like him, then sympathize with him, etc. I thought he pulled off a strong performance. Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao, repeated from the Daredevil series, is also very good, and shows an ambiguity to her character and role in The Hand I did not expect. Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple, also repeated from Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage does a decent job with a poorly written part. After Daredevil, the fight scenes were a bit of a disappointment. Daredevil's gritty realism and street-level fighting choreography was amazing. Iron Fist came off as a little more fanciful (I know, it's a comic book). The fight scenes we get in Agents of S.H.I.E..L.D. are better choreographed and filmed than these were.

I was not previously familiar with this character, as I was with Daredevil and Luke Cage, having gotten away from comics before he came along (same with Jessica Jones). So I watched this because it was a continuation of the Marvel story line leading to The Defenders to debut later this year. Despite my criticisms, I didn't feel as though I was slogging through the series just to keep up. It held my interest and the story moved along apace, if unevenly.

I am looking forward to The Defenders, however.

A couple of the cheesiest episodes of The Walking Dead. Some cheesy poor not-so-special effects going on this season. The scene with Rick and Michonne at the carnival was pretty bad...actually, really bad. Oh well, as long as I keep watching...
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up

The jury's still out. I read the ORIGINAL "X-Men" comics in the 60's and the "new" ones in the '80's. I've been following the whole "mutant war" thing off and on since it's inception at Marvel, but I stopped paying attention after a while. "Legion" came along after my involvement. Its interesting but I need to see more before I render an opinion.... Puddin' did point out a lot of behind the scenes stuff while the hero(?) was still in the psych hospital...

"Do you hear the screaming in the background? That goes on day and night!" "Oh they'd never allow them to walk around like that..." "Where's his tag?" etc...

Worf

BlackList-Redemption, I was not overly impressed. Is Blacklist coming back for another series?
According to this online article, as of today there has been no official announcement from NBC about The Blacklist being either cancelled or renewed for a fifth season/series. I watched mostly because of James Spader, but lost interest when the focus of the show became all about baby Agnes so I won't be tuning in if it does get renewed.

According to this online article, as of today there has been no official announcement from NBC about The Blacklist being either cancelled or renewed for a fifth season/series. I watched mostly because of James Spader, but lost interest when the focus of the show became all about baby Agnes so I won't be tuning in if it does get renewed.

Interesting, especially with the spin-off. I too watch for Spader, and root weekly for Liz's demise.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Interesting, especially with the spin-off. I too watch for Spader, and root weekly for Liz's demise.
Between the spinoff and the drop in ratings and viewership, I think NBC has lost faith in The Blacklist and wants to move on. They might greenlight one more season just to see if they can bring it back, but I'll be surprised if it lasts beyond that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy