Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
I am watching a fantastic Korean drama called Tree with Deep Roots. There is no way to adequately explain how engrossing this series is. In a nutshell, the plot follows conspiracies and assassinations surrounding the creation of the Korean alphabet at the beginning of the 15th century, but there are so many sub-plots going on and great "wire-fu" martial art scenes, it has to be seen to be believed. I am 13 episodes into it and I am still surprised by the ongoing plot twists.

And, did I mention the cool Joeson era hats?

treewithdeeproots.jpg

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Don't do it James! Sometimes it just puts me in a bad mood - seriously!

I watch the programme every morning and when I see who has bought what at auction I try to gauge whether they will keep any period features (usually if they are buying to live in the property) or whether they will rip everything out to rent the property out. I have seen wonderful and sympathetic renovations and I have seen the complete oppostite - marble fireplaces ripped out, ceiling roses taken down, beautiful bannisters replaced with vapid modern woodwork and gorgeous stained glass hall doors replaced with cheap white PVC doors. Scandalous.

Touchofevil - Criminal is a good way to describe the way some people treat these beautiful and historic homes.

STOP...I can not beleive that they would rip out beautiful marble fireplaces. Too depressing to think about. I agree with Touch of Evil that is criminal...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I hate to admit it, but I have been watching every documentary that comes on about the Titanic! I didn't and won't go see the movie, but I do like the real thing. Every time you think there is nothing new, you end up learning something. One of the most disgraceful events was White Star Lines, when they were sure she had sunk, they terminated the contracts with all the surviving crew. They arrived in New York, literally with the cloths on their backs. Woolworth stepped in and donated cloths, but most of the crew had to get jobs on steamers to get home! Another myth that has fallen is the one where Titanic was either intentionally or through lack of knowledge built sub standard. The Russians have brought up a peace of Titanics hull and allowed scantiest and engineers to examine it, turns out she was over built, far stronger then she needed to be. So when she hit the berg that would be that, she never had a chance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy