Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Your thoughts on Daredevil?
My teen son and I like it; I enjoy the occasional nods to the original comic.
I await your reaction to the fight scene at the end of episode 2.

4 episodes over 2 nights. Love the show. I've read the book off and on since his origin in the 60's. Hell I even remember old yellow and black costume (really showing my age). I really got into him when Frank Miller, yes he of "Dark Night Returns" fame, took him over in the early 80's. This Daredevil is great, grittier, real, not omniscient, not powerful, just tough an relentless. That fight scene with the Russians was excellent. I also love that if he's hurt on a Monday, he's still hurt on Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest of the week. He's a 2nd tier hero, he'll never be an "Avenger" or a member of the "Fantastic Four", his powers aren't that great... but he did tangle with "The Hulk" in a book once... not his finest hour. When he gets fully kitted out, costume, billy club etc... he could go toe to toe "Spiderman" in a pinch and definitely give "Gotham's finest" a tough fight. It'd be interesting!

Worf

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Is that still on? I am slowly watching last season on DVD. :D

Yes it is and it just got renewed for an 11th season. I never watched it until my daughter started watching it on Netflix and got me started on it. I really love the funny episodes - like the one where Dean turns into a dog for a day.

Yes it is and it just got renewed for an 11th season. I never watched it until my daughter started watching it on Netflix and got me started on it. I really love the funny episodes - like the one where Dean turns into a dog for a day.

11th season?! Oh geez! I am still watching the season where Dean is wondering how Cas got out of Hell. :p I doubt Cas knows yet. :p

Oh and last night I watched Crime Story. Brought back some memories of my father and I watching it way back when.

Your thoughts on Daredevil?
My teen son and I like it; I enjoy the occasional nods to the original comic.
I await your reaction to the fight scene at the end of episode 2.

I am really enjoying the series. I haven't found much to like in the other comicbook based series, but ( outside of Foggy) Daredevil is clicking for me. The fight scenes, to-date, have been much better than I would have expected. As for the ending fight scene for episode two, not only was it mostly done well, it was funny. As a long time Daredevil fan, I have enjoyed most of the choices for the regulars and cannot wait to see more Kingpin.
:D

Last night, episodes four and five of Daredevil. It is nice to not have to wait week to week for a new episode as well as sit through commercials. Right now, Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction. This show always makes me hungry.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Quick question for all you UFC fans. I was a long time boxing lover. For a while I called myself "Da Boss of Boxing". I seen my share of guys thrown in at the last minute for the short money. I was watching the other night and saw a similar situation. It was a mis-match and certainly short BUT it seems every time I watch one of these things some champeen is in with a last minute also ran? Is there sufficient guys/girls doing this to make what seems like weekly UFC cards compelling and competitive? I know it's an up and coming sport but I guess I'm old school and prefer boxing. I can watch UFC or Strikeforce, but I don't love it.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I am really enjoying the series. I haven't found much to like in the other comicbook based series, but ( outside of Foggy) Daredevil is clicking for me. The fight scenes, to-date, have been much better than I would have expected. As for the ending fight scene for episode two, not only was it mostly done well, it was funny. As a long time Daredevil fan, I have enjoyed most of the choices for the regulars and cannot wait to see more Kingpin.

I think Foggy's the best part of the show. He's goofy, funny, witty and lame all at the same time. This show is really based on the Frank Miller Daredevil and I like it that they make Foggy more than a prop sidekick/friend. He, as much as the priest, is Matt's moral compass and grounds him. Though they are really moving this story along to the point where I wonder what they'll have left for rounds 2 and 3. And I really like how they've fleshed out the backstory of the Kingpin.

Worf

I think Foggy's the best part of the show. He's goofy, funny, witty and lame all at the same time. This show is really based on the Frank Miller Daredevil and I like it that they make Foggy more than a prop sidekick/friend. He, as much as the priest, is Matt's moral compass and grounds him. Though they are really moving this story along to the point where I wonder what they'll have left for rounds 2 and 3. And I really like how they've fleshed out the backstory of the Kingpin.

Worf
The Frank Miller run is the best run on Daredevil. I am really liking Ben Ulrich. My problem with Foggy isn't the character, it's the actor potraying him. Moreso, it is the voice of the actor. I too enjoy how they have written the character. I am also liking the take on the Kingpin. Overall, I find very little to complain about.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The Frank Miller run is the best run on Daredevil. I am really liking Ben Ulrich. My problem with Foggy isn't the character, it's the actor potraying him. Moreso, it is the voice of the actor. I too enjoy how they have written the character. I am also liking the take on the Kingpin. Overall, I find very little to complain about.

Well I totally agree though I don't mind the actor doing Foggy. I hope they don't spin off into the Ninja War stuff too heavy and I can't wait to see how they handle "Elektra"!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo