Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Sounds nice. Never had Laproaig, but I expect that it does the job, just a lot quicker than an A.O.
:D

She's a slow sipper for sure. It's like a campfire in your mouth, but in a good way. I would have preferred beer, due to the heat and humidity, but I was not about to make a beer run. That's OK, I made do. I needed a little "boost" anyway. :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Game of Thrones" - Wow... didn't see half of that coming... "The King will have twenty children... You will have three golden haired children in three golden shrouds..."

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Halt and Catch Fire has been terrible this second season. It has nowhere to go but up.

The Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell 1st episode was also terrible. It had so much promise and content.

And cars of today would hold up better? :rofl:

I never really watched the Fall guy. However, I worked in cable TV type system maintenance for many years and got to see lots of bits and pieces of lots of shows (Ever watched the Midwest Farm Report Channel?). One day, I was working on a system, adjusting equipment, and caught one of the Fall Guy's jumps. Whoever the film editor was, let the film run just a few frames too long.
The truck was flying through the air in wonderful slow motion! The dust is blowing off behind the truck, as the truck slowly dips forward in its trajectory. The front wheels hit the ground, followed by the rear wheels hitting the ground. The entire truck bounds back up into the air, front end first followed by the rear end. Still, in slow motion, the front end drops back to the ground with the rear end following behind. As the rear end hits the ground, the front end is still dipping lower, the left front wheel reaching toward an odd angle, the rear end bounding back up again. The front bumper is nearing the ground, the left front wheel now about a 45 degree angle and clearly headed out away from the wheel well.
The very next frame and a dozen or two that followed showed the truck turning sharply on four solid wheels and skidding to a stop, all at normal speed.

I don't think that truck survived the jump.

I understand that the Fall guy, and I know that the Dukes of Hazard (with rare exceptions), only ever jumped a car (or truck) once. For safety reasons, all jump cars were crushed immediately after.
Dukes of Hazard production staff would often only paint one side of a car to be jumped as the General Lee. There were several editing errors where the car would be jumped, land, and do some sort of skid or turn resulting in the unpainted side showing for a frame or two.

Just more worthless TV trivia.

For the wife and I, today it was the MeTV Sunday afternoon/evening lineup: The Mod Squad, Hawaii Five-O, Black Sheep Squadron, Columbo, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and currently Mission Impossible.

"MeTV" "GetTV" and "Movies"have been the surprise cable channels of the last year (they popped up about a year ago on my Cable System). The only thing I can't do is watch those channels "live" as the commercials go on and on. But I do regularly record from all of those channels. TCM is awesome, and many of its offerings overlap with "Movies" and "GetTV," but every once in awhile, those channels pull something out that I have never seen on TCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24