Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

"The Ranch" whatever the current season is that just dropped on Netflix.

The show is loosing what little harmony and focus it had. Each episode seems to be trying to out scream the last one with several life changing events blasting into every episode.

The fun of mindless sitcoms is sometimes just relaxing with the characters having some normal mix-ups and contretemps - one doesn't watch sitcoms for death-defying leaps every episode.

Also, Sam Elliot's always angry and always one word away from exploding character is wearing me down.
About a week ago I tried to write a mini review of the show's latest season, but ultimately gave up; I think you've summed it up better than I would have. The one difference is that Sam Elliott is, I think, the only reason I'm still watching. Sure, at times his character is overly cantankerous, but he's such a solid actor that his performances make Beau Bennett believable.

I wouldn't mind one more season just to allow them the time to wrap things up, so to speak, but considering Danny Masterson's real-life legal issues that would have to happen without his participation. No great loss in my opinion, but even without that being an issue I think the show has almost run it's course.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Preacher. AMC.
The Affair. Showtime.

Both started their new seasons with great episodes. I can't believe how well done Preacher is. They shoot for some story and technical creativity that could very easily be fumbled. The Affair isn't one of my favorite shows now or of all time, but it screams quality. It's funny how some shows do that, while others try and fail. That doesn't necessarily make it a great program or dictate that everyone should like it. It's more that you can tell everyone on the show is at their best; from catering up to writing.

As for Taboo and The Terror...I think The Terror was a better story and thoroughly relaxing (for me, it was the greatest reward of the show), but I think Taboo, while significantly flawed in certain respects, was a hell of a lot more fun. I have room for both feelings. To be honest, I could do with more of that relaxation from my TV.

How to be an interesting person -- Believe in at least one conspiracy theory. :D
UNiOirZ.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Saw the last half of "Deep Space Nine's" "The Way of the Warrior" while flipping around in the throes of insomnia, and am convinced that the Quark-Garak "root beer" scene is one of the most profound and provocative things Trek has ever done.

Saw the last half of "Deep Space Nine's" "The Way of the Warrior" while flipping around in the throes of insomnia, and am convinced that the Quark-Garak "root beer" scene is one of the most profound and provocative things Trek has ever done.

I have only seen one episode of DSN - the one you recommend to me awhile back - so I'm sure, and I could feel, I was missing some of the nuance of this, but it was still darn good. The root beer analogy is hilarious.

Garak (the lizardy-face guy) is one of the greatest Trek supporting characters, an exiled Cardassian intelligence agent who poses as a "plain, simple tailor," even though everybody knows he's still a spy. How can you not be fascinated by a guy whose motto is "All my stories are true -- especially the lies!"
Sometimes when I'm watching DS9 and I see Garak, it's difficult to believe it's the same actor who played the serial killer in Dirty Harry.

HanauMan

Practically Family
Yeah, I know what you mean. I still can't get over seeing Odo (Rene Auberjonois) in Frasier, sitting on a desk naked except for Roz's bathrobe. The look on Frasier's face, the look on my face! :)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I finished off Luke Cage season two. I think it's one of the better seasons of these Marvel/Netflix series, though with their traditional too-many-episodes/too-many-pointless-red-herrings-and-monotonous-plot-points-over-and-over problem. It ends in a VERY different way than expected; I'm not sure if it really makes sense given our knowledge of the characters, but it portends a strikingly different direction for the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy