Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you love to wear but have not?

P

Paul

There many many items of vintage fashion I would very much like to try. Have not because of practical reasons like price, sizing or not on the market.

Top of the list for me would be a complete Edwardian outfit, not practical for me for all of the above reasons.

What about the ladies here is there something you like to own and wear have not?

kerry

One of the Regulars
I would love a really nice fitted mid 40s suit, in green. If I close my eyes I can picture it :). I do have a pattern, have yet to find the right fabric.
Kerry x

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
A 1930s garden party dress with straw hat in cordinating ribbon and flowers,crocheted wrist length gloves,and peeptoe t-straps.

Not to mention a large portion of Anthropologie's catalog.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
A Bit OT

A whole 18th century robe a la francais with panniers....the whole shebang. Think Marie Antoinette.

Anyway, I have a folder of pattern images from the 40s and 50s and slowly, I'm making my dreams reality. I have a seamstress in Asia that can make anything from a picture. After I get my girdle and retake my measurements I'll pick out a day dress.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I'd like a white Victorian dress, under pinnings and cape from the 1850's. One of my favorite novels is The Woman In White.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I've always wanted to wear an overbust corset. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't have room for such an item.

I'd like to try a pencil skirt, but I just haven't pursued one because I dread dealing with the fit. :eek:

I've also always dreamed of wearing the Hope Diamond, but that's another story...;)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
NoirDame said:
A whole 18th century robe a la francais with panniers....the whole shebang. Think Marie Antoinette.

Me, too. I don't think it would fit through a modern doorway, though. You'd be like Giselle in Enchanted trying to enter the apartment.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I would like to dress in Edwardian whites with a Gibson hair-do, lean out a window over the Arno and survey the scene a la Lucy Honeychurch in "A room With a View"!

Lucy.bmp

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
A full Victoran outfit

The red one in the Museum of Costume in Bath. I want it, I want it, I want it. I can't find a picture of it, but it reminds me of the green outfit that bird wears in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have a feeling it's Winonna Ryder, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it has the little hat, gloves, everything. I'd never wanted to punch through glass and enter a climate controlled fish tank before seeing that.

I'd also like to wear hats, but they don't suit me. And a big frou frou skirt that can't fit through doors. And posh vintage stockings, but I have too much fear to wear them.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like some real vintage Couture. However, I'm much to klutzy or ill-treating of my vintage to be entrusted with something so precious as a worth gown.

That being said, I picked up a REAL vintage piece of Couture, a coat that needs minimal repair at a thrift shop for $45. It's tough enough to even withstand me. lol

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
A huge picture hat with flowers dripping off of it. Or, pretty much anything from the color fashion show in the middle of the movie "The Women", especially the gown with the hood.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
A real pair of 1920s rayon stockings!!

I have LOTS of vintage hats from the 20s to the 60s, but never wore them out because 1.) they don't go with anything and 2.) they don't really fit properly because I don't have enough hair to keep them on my head.

And a corset. A REAL one from the Victorian days!

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Collector-wise, I'd love to own something worn by Myrna Loy in the 1930s.

For my own wardrobe, I'd like wide legged pants and a pair of wide legged pants with high waist and suspenders, and non-wool sailor pants. I think everyone want those though!

Kim_B

Practically Family
As simple as it sounds, vintage hats. I love the look of them, but I am not brave enough to wear them. I am also not sure what style would look best on me, so I am also aprehensive for that reason...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
I would adore a Fred Perlberg or Ceil Chapman gown.
Or the first gown on here.

http://thefrock.com/bridal_page1_main.html

Sometimes I think of trading in my car just to own this. Either that or a full on burlesque outfit. But that might be scary even to me.

That dress is breathtaking and it is expensive but not nearly as bad as I'd have guessed. That site always has so many beautiful things--they've got an Adrian and a Charles James too.

P

Paul

Amy Jeanne said:
A real pair of 1920s rayon stockings!!

I am with you on this one Amy Jeanne a pair of 1920s rayon stockings would be great to have , I have some 30's rayon stockings but have not a clue if they are the some or different.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
As simple as it sounds, vintage hats. I love the look of them, but I am not brave enough to wear them. I am also not sure what style would look best on me, so I am also aprehensive for that reason...

I used to be the same way Kim. But I amassed a small collection of them and finally one day said screw it and just started wearing them. Just do it! you'll be suprised the compliments you'll get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran