Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
One of my favorite home-made breakfast dishes: a Mexican omelet with chorizo, pico-de-gallo, shredded cheddar, topped with sour cream.

12512318_10156452847785077_4976281071063263117_n.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks coffee and the Chicago Tribune sports page-Cubs second baseman Tommy La Stella reported- AWOL from Iowa minor assign, busts flush at the plate last nite against the Pirates.:(

A couple of pumpkin donuts and a cup of coffee on a chilly September morning.

That's an early "pumpkin something" sighting. I saw a pumpkin-flavored malt ball in a local candy store just this week - first pumpkin sighting for me this season. Within a month, there'll be pumpkin-flavored lima beans and Chapstick out there as they seem to be upping the "pumpkin" factor every fall now.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Stopped at a Chicago Loop Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and three old fashioned donuts at 06:00; seriously considered skipping the Friday Labor Day office somnolence,
and just relax the day away downtown. The Art Institute hosts America after the Fall: Painting in the 1930s; featuring Hopper, O'Keeffe, and Wood. Closes September 18th.
And fall is waiting perched at the edge of town. And I have two books to read and an economic tome added as a favor. Cut class. Ask the cute cashier girl out.;)
But I instead finished breakfast and came in, goofing off on the internet and talking sports. Bears'l:eek:l do 6-10 at best, 5-11; mebbe 4-12. Cubs will roll. Bulls and Hawks,
Notre Dame football and hoops lookin' good. And I am now sipping Starbucks Pike's Roast.:)

JennDarling

New in Town
That's an early "pumpkin something" sighting. I saw a pumpkin-flavored malt ball in a local candy store just this week - first pumpkin sighting for me this season. Within a month, there'll be pumpkin-flavored lima beans and Chapstick out there as they seem to be upping the "pumpkin" factor every fall now.

I saw pumpkin spice flavored chewing gum at Walgreen's the other day, along with some manner of "fall" Skittles. I made a face and slowly backed away. :)

About this time last year I walked into our local grocery store, and it seemed like everything I saw was "pumpkin spice" flavored. :rolleyes:

About this time last year I walked into our local grocery store, and it seemed like everything I saw was "pumpkin spice" flavored. :rolleyes:

In the last year or two (maybe three), pumpkin exploded as a spice. My only guess is (1) it just goes with the general increase in Halloween's explosion in popularity and / or (2) The Boys from Marketing found something new to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner