Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

5e0538c7595202564bd9a6746aa150b6.jpg

Black bean and pork rind tacos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Cottage pie. Not really a pie, in years gone by it was a rehash of left-overs. You cook, in a pan, a selection of vegetables of your choice, whatever you happen to have. Today I used root vegetables. Carrots, Spanish onion, potatoes, spring onions, garlic and a red pepper for colour. Frozen veg work just as well. Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft. In the meantime cook the veg with about half a pound of ground beef. Keep mixing the meat and veg. Keep an eye on the potatoes. Make a gravy using granules and a stock cube, you want about a pint, but don't let it get to runny. When the vegetables have started to soften, pour in the gravy and leave to cook whilst you drain the potatoes. Now mash them adding butter if you like, or low fat spread if that's your choice.
When the meat and veg have cooked through, pour the mixture into a serving dish, then spread, or pipe the mash potato on top. Brush the potato with the same choice as previous, butter or low fat, melted. Place the 'pie' under the grill, pre-set at the highest heat. Keep watching it, you are not trying to cook it any further, just browning the top off. Take your eyes off it for a second and it will burn.
Serve portions onto pre-warmed plates. Eat and enjoy, it goes down well with a glass of rich French red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR