Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
I like to cook over a wood fire at least once per week if I can, which is why I often do some camp cooking at the local farmer's market. Lately I've had to cut it down to only once per month, which has been tough. I reckon I'll have to get the pit going before too long. In fact, maybe I'll light her up here in a few minutes as I'm fixing to have country sausages for dinner with roasted potatoes and whatever veggies the wife brings home...

Edit: I did not end up taking a photo of dinner, the wife was delayed getting in, and so dinner was wood fire cooked sausage, roasted potatoes, and sauteed onions with green chilis grown by a buddy of mine.

Also, here's a photo of my humble rig at the farmer's market. In the pot over the fire is gravy (sausage, onion, and green chili with a dash of habanero powder), a pot of coffee, and on the ground near my feet are the sourdogh biscuits:

Last edited:

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Last night was a pork chop, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, floured, dredged in egg and then breadcrumbs seasoned with dried basil, and fried in olive oil and butter. Served with some veggie leftovers and salad fixings, with a glass of chianti (the bottle had been opened and not finished a few nights previous...imagine that).

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The last two nights of Cubs v Giants knock down drag out playoff baseball so turned and twisted my stomach I am now starving.
A bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and Miller Lite I crave.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran