Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Halloween dinner at the Fading Fast's:

SG was in cooking and baking mode.

Pumpkin lasagne (with smoked mozzarella):

Black chocolate stout cake with salted-caramel cream cheese buttercream frosting:

And yes, the cake is as insanely good tasting as it looks.
There would be no lasagna leftovers here. That lasagna looks really good. It would be the main course and dessert.
:D

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Halloween dinner at the Fading Fast's:

SG was in cooking and baking mode.

Pumpkin lasagne (with smoked mozzarella):

Black chocolate stout cake with salted-caramel cream cheese buttercream frosting:

And yes, the cake is as insanely good tasting as it looks.
Gud gawd a'mighty! I'm getting me a condo/refrigerator box/sidewalk heat vent/co-op in your neighborhood when I win the lottery!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Taco take out. Too tired to cook tonight. My work day + Lily's class party (I did the craft with the kids) + trick-or-treating with Lily at the local mall = tired mama.

There would be no lasagna leftovers here. That lasagna looks really good. It would be the main course and dessert.

While I applaud your lasagna eating enthusiasm, I'm not sure you'd want to kick the Black chocolate stout cake with salted-caramel cream cheese buttercream frosting from its dessert slot as it is, what's the work, honking good.

As SG made a lot of lasagna and it's just the two of us, I have now had it for - I kid you not - breakfast, lunch and dinner at some point over the last few days including warmed up in the oven on a toasted semolina roll that might sound odd (effectively a lasagna sandwich) but I assure you was ridiculously good. I have also had the chocolate stout cake several times each day.

Gud gawd a'mighty! I'm getting me a condo/refrigerator box/sidewalk heat vent/co-op in your neighborhood when I win the lottery!

Thank you, if Super Girlfriend ever wises up, that's probably where I'll be living as well - scratching at her door for Lasagna scraps.

We split the dogs, put in some American cheese and call them Pigs in a Blanket.

My mother's version of pigs in a blanket used bacon for the wrapper, because Pillsbury hadn't invented crescent rolls yet. :) Gudgawd they were a teen's delight!

If I'm following your mother's genius (and I don't use that word lightly) correctly, she wrapped bacon around a hotdog - kudos, that's somebody I could call Mom right now.

Does Touch of Evil know about this sent-from-heaven-above use of bacon?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a fun day. I'm not familiar with trick or treating at the local mall - how does that work?

If the store is participating (handing out candy) they put black & orange balloons outside their store so kids know it is ok to enter. No ballons, no candy. Some stores had an employee with a bowl of candy standing outside. Kids approach candy-bearer & do the usual "trick-or-treat" greeting. About 60% of the stores & restaurants participated at our local mall. In an hour, Lily collected about 30 pieces of candy. She was overjoyed at her haul!

If the store is participating (handing out candy) they put black & orange balloons outside their store so kids know it is ok to enter. No ballons, no candy. Some stores had an employee with a bowl of candy standing outside. Kids approach candy-bearer & do the usual "trick-or-treat" greeting. About 60% of the stores & restaurants participated at our local mall. In an hour, Lily collected about 30 pieces of candy. She was overjoyed at her haul!

Thank you. Not something they were doing when I was growing up in the '70s, but makes sense and sounds like a good way to trick or treat safely and, probably, generate some business for the stores.

While I applaud your lasagna eating enthusiasm, I'm not sure you'd want to kick the Black chocolate stout cake with salted-caramel cream cheese buttercream frosting from its dessert slot as it is, what's the work, honking good.
I tend to enjoy the meal much moreso than the dessert. That cake looks exceptionally good, but for me, the lasgna looks much more appetizing. I guess that I could eat a small piece of cake first and than load up on lasgna. Look at me, talking as if this is a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925