Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Kids weren't home and since the kitchen sink is still blocked, I really didn't feel like cooking. So I had some crackers with butter and a seltzer water. Tasty!

When Supergirlfriend is away, I have had crackers and butter, or bread and butter or peanut butter for dinner many a night. I'll wash it down with a glass of wine or beer (which I'm sure puts me in some socially unacceptable category, where I have dwelled my entire life) followed by an Oreo or two chaser and called it night.

When Supergirlfriend is away, I have had crackers and butter, or bread and butter or peanut butter for dinner many a night. I'll wash it down with a glass of wine or beer (which I'm sure puts me in some socially unacceptable category, where I have dwelled my entire life) followed by an Oreo or two chaser and called it night.

Certainly acceptable in my world. Sometimes just filling the hole is the easiest and most practical thing to do.

Nice - the movie theater version of "going native." I had to Google "Mr. Pibbs," was afraid there was a booze I hadn't heard of, relaxed when I saw it was only a soft drink and, then, wanted to try it but it's not available in this region according to Wikipedia.
Mr. Pibb is the Pepsi version of Dr. Pepper. Very similar tasting. To some folks. Not to others. I once was having lunch at a local Mexican restaurant with some co-workers. One fella, who happened to be Mexican, and who also happened to have lived a good portion of his adult life in Texas (the birthplace of Dr. Pepper), ordered a Dr. Pepper. They brought him a Mr. Pibb. All hell broke loose. First there was some complaining in English, then some apologizing in English, then some more complaining in Spanish, then some more apologizing in Spanish, then a round of tequila shots - on the house - for everyone at the table. I'm not sure how that went down, but obviously some people are pretty serious about their soda.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mr. Pibb is the Pepsi version of Dr. Pepper. Very similar tasting. To some folks. Not to others. I once was having lunch at a local Mexican restaurant with some co-workers. One fella, who happened to be Mexican, and who also happened to have lived a good portion of his adult life in Texas (the birthplace of Dr. Pepper), ordered a Dr. Pepper. They brought him a Mr. Pibb. All hell broke loose. First there was some complaining in English, then some apologizing in English, then some more complaining in Spanish, then some more apologizing in Spanish, then a round of tequila shots - on the house - for everyone at the table. I'm not sure how that went down, but obviously some people are pretty serious about their soda.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fun story.

Talk about an apology - when alcohol is offered for a soft-drink mistake, someone is serious about apologizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany