Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Now, is this that wife of yours you keep locked in the basement?
;)

ce982a0a656bc9baf800be13aed74056.jpg

:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm with you guys about the pineapple and green peppers on a pizza and like TOE, I will pick them off and eat but the whole contamination thing is right about the green peppers.

Last night was tacos chapala from my favorite joint, delivered by lady B. Beef tacos with bacon is almost a perfect food.

Now to get this thread back on track; James got under my skin a few times early on in my time here but it didn't take long to figure out what was going on. He loved discussion and had a great depth of knowledge on a number of subjects and would speak up if he thought, or knew one was wrong. He had a wicked sense of humor. I have no idea why he left but I would bet that some lodged complaints with the tenders and with whatever discussion he had with them, his final words were probably FU. I miss him.

Last edited:
I'm a no-pineapple-on-pizza guy - the sweet in this case doesn't work, IMHO, it just tastes off. There's neither a harmony nor an interesting frisson - it just tastes as if some pineapple accidentally fell on the pizza.

That said, and while I enjoy several different toppings on pizza, pizza is still best in its basic form - cheese and sauce.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night we went to my sister's 50th birthday party. They had barbecue catered for the dinner. Chicken & ribs were okay, brisket needed less fat cap and about 6 more hours of slow-n-low. They put sprinkles of sugar on top of the corn muffin. Yikes! Definitely not Texas style!!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My jalapeno, black pepper, cheddar skillet corn bread calls for a tablespoon of sugar in two cups of corn meal/flour. Never tried it without the sugar. But never ever sprinkled on top.
A tablespoon of sugar for two cups of dry ingredients is an ok ratio (1 1/2 t. per cup). This had a teaspoon or so on top of each muffin. Like they were going for a sugar crackle top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21