Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, green salad with evoo/basil/garlic vinaigrette.

My super girlfriend is a Fedora Lounge read-only person, I can't get her to join and post even though I know she'd be a great addition.

Anywho, she is a regular reader and we'll occasional chat about something we read or see on FL.

Last night, after our very unbalanced dinner of rice and rolls with a mint brownie for desert, my girlfriend mentioned to me that someone on Fedora Lounge always makes such nice sounding and balanced meals - not like our terrible meals. I said, "you mean 'Babydoll." She said, "yes, that's the one, her meals always sound so thoughtful and tasty."

Thought you'd get a kick out of that. You are our idol.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My super girlfriend is a Fedora Lounge read-only person, I can't get her to join and post even though I know she'd be a great addition.

Anywho, she is a regular reader and we'll occasional chat about something we read or see on FL.

Last night, after our very unbalanced dinner of rice and rolls with a mint brownie for desert, my girlfriend mentioned to me that someone on Fedora Lounge always makes such nice sounding and balanced meals - not like our terrible meals. I said, "you mean 'Babydoll." She said, "yes, that's the one, her meals always sound so thoughtful and tasty."

Thought you'd get a kick out of that. You are our idol.

You are too kind (both of you)! There are very few nights I play my Mom Card & say no veggies at dinner - usually pizza night & I can't be bothered to make a salad. But with Hubby being diagnosed as diabetic, and knowing we can reverse it with diet & exercise.... it is motivation to eat better. We met with a nutritionist on Friday to see if we could tweak Hubby's diet any more to get better results. She said we were doing it all right and just keep going. He's lost 8# so far. :D

It helps that I menu plan weekly & shop accordingly. No excuse to eat badly as a whole!

He has breakfast, lunch, and two balanced snacks packed on work days so he doesn't fall into the "snack cart" trap at work - filled with energy drinks, donuts, cookies, & cup-o-soup. All terrible choices for him now.

You are too kind (both of you)! There are very few nights I play my Mom Card & say no veggies at dinner - usually pizza night & I can't be bothered to make a salad. But with Hubby being diagnosed as diabetic, and knowing we can reverse it with diet & exercise.... it is motivation to eat better. We met with a nutritionist on Friday to see if we could tweak Hubby's diet any more to get better results. She said we were doing it all right and just keep going. He's lost 8# so far. :D

It helps that I menu plan weekly & shop accordingly. No excuse to eat badly as a whole!

He has breakfast, lunch, and two balanced snacks packed on work days so he doesn't fall into the "snack cart" trap at work - filled with energy drinks, donuts, cookies, & cup-o-soup. All terrible choices for him now.

Hopefully, if he types about you on some forum somewhere, he references you as "super wife," because you deserve that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner