Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight I made soup. It was potato, kale, and double smoked sausage in a creamy broth. I am so excited for lunch tomorrow!

20170501_182403-1_zpsa9df66q7.jpg

I have a vegetarian friend staying this week. Tonight it is spaghetti squash spaghetti. A tomato sauce with mushrooms and garlic and the stringy squash substituting for the pasta. I cheat and throw in some meatballs that I have cooked separately. It is actually quite good and I don't miss the pasta. Flash fried Zuchinni and a Caesar salad to complement it all.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Cheddar brats on buns with mustard & ketchup, smashed potato salad, green salad (butter lettuce torn by hand and washed/spun dry, diced cucumber, halved yellow cherry tomatoes, julienned carrot, mozzarella shreds, bacon bits, ) with Goddess dressing and butter-and-garlic croutons.

Fig Newtons for "dessert" once Lily is asleep.

^^ FF, outrageous pretty much covers it. The elk was good, tasty w/o being overly marinated and seasoned, so the flavor of the meat came through. Really juicy and what I enjoyed the most, with so much going on with this thing, was that the individual flavors came through. I've eaten a number of different game meats, enjoying most but not all. Similar to venison, IMO, but with very little 'gaminess' in the taste. You could certainly tell you weren't eating beef. Of course, it's illegal to sell meats killed in the wild, at least here, so, they are game meats that are raised on farms.

A fried egg on top of most anything takes it to another level.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo