Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's On Your Vanity Table?....

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
You guys are so cute... I loved looking at your vanities... I was gonna post a pic but Im not even close to how vintage and girly yours are... Mine is just soooo urghhh... but atleast I got a lot of ideas, thanks :)

jacqueline101

New in Town
You ladies have some lovely vanity tables

I have a small one it has three drawers on each side. I have my brushes and combs in my top drawer. I have my curlers in the next one and my compacts in the last one. On top I have my lip gloss lip sticks and lip and eye liner and mascara along with my make up removers. I also have q tips in case if i need to correct a make up flaw.

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Here's a pic of my vanity before I bought it:

281595.jpeg

Here it is in my boudoir:

636866.jpeg

I was lucky to find this at a salvage store in Minneapolis!

The books where my makeup light is are vintage books, Dita book and Marlene Dietrich book!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Oh I'd like both the dressing table and the things on it. I'd just need to be able to get closer to the mirror.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
vampygirl13 said:
Here's a pic of my vanity before I bought it:

281595.jpeg

What a gorgeous dressing table! Such beautiful wood - and the shape of the mirror!

I bought a beautiful art deco dresser with matching lockers a few years ago and I have yet to move it into our new home - can't wait to have it brought over and have all my bits and pieces set out on it. It weighs an absolute ton so we'll have to get a removal van to move it!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Kadri said:

Oooh, cute photo of the Fitzgeralds!

vampygirl13, lovely table, the round mirror is just perfect.

I wish we had lovely deco furniture like that here in Denmark! But it's a rarity, in fact, I have never seen anything like it here, but I see a lot of you ladies from the US finding those lovely vanity tables. *swoon*

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What gorgeous vanities, with beautiful finishes and goodies on top! I'm loving all of your collections, it's neat to see that we're all kinda the same; all of our little cherrished chotchkies!

Holy cow Miss 1929, and Miss 1940.... talk about eye candy! I could stare forever, lol!

Deco Darling, I LOVE that cat pic!!!

You girls have given me more ideas~

So here's mine a few months ago...
HPIM5539.jpg

HPIM5589.jpg

HPIM5537.jpg

and my dresser,
HPIM5534.jpg

HPIM5535.jpg

Hmmm... I don't seem to have a good shot of the actual vanity. This is as close as it gets.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t-wKC5b4rk4/SPlvIvr1CQI/AAAAAAAABTY/eYy1ECivA9E/s1600-h/HPIM5543.jpg
Heee... just found this pic of me using the same vanity when I was about 15,
I remember writing on the mirror with lipstick and eyeliner and had a heck of a time getting it off years later.
3430154617_7d157e82fe.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Sadly my vanity is overflowing with products and lotions and perfumes, not a pretty sight, BUT (I posted the finds in the purchase thread) Boots has relaunched their old formulas in old type packaging! It is cute and adorable and would fit perfect on a beautiful old vanity! I got their skintonic, overnight cream and hand cream and I love it all!! The scents are VERY mild, even though it is rose and lavender, so not to worry.

The picture doesnt include the hand cream or the overnight cream though.

bootsoriginalbeautie1.jpg

Here is a great article about it.

http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/services/editorials.aspx?id=3669

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Darhling (and all of the other ladies), I saw the new-old packaged Boots items at Target this week. I wanted to give the rose scented things a try, but I have sensitive skin so I'm not sure I want to risk it. And lavender sends me into an asthma attack, so I have to avoid it. Boo!

But the packaging is certainly pretty!!!

(Oh, and I don't have a vanity. No room for one. I just have to drool over the ones in here.)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Medvssa said:
Darhling, can I ask you where you found them? in the UK or elsewhere in Europe?

Of course you can sweetheart! :) I found them in Boots in Dublin, but they should be availible in Boots everywhere and some say Target has their products too!

Decayla

New in Town
Vintage vanity

Hi ladies! I am quite new here. I have been visiting since last year and finally decided to join! Its an honor to be here with other ladies that share the love of vintage and appreciate it the way it should be:) Here is my Art Deco Waterfall vanity I snatched up on craigslist.

vanity.png

y4y.jpg

ert.jpg

dg.jpg

This was my old vanity before I got my new one.

l_1a0499527a8745c0a21d8dea48db0032.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Your vanity is absolute EYE candy! Oh My Goodness... beautiful beautiful!!! I see you have lipstick containers on a wheel.. are those usable?
Oh I can just stare at your vanity for hours! :D :D

Decayla

New in Town
LelaViavonie said:
Your vanity is absolute EYE candy! Oh My Goodness... beautiful beautiful!!! I see you have lipstick containers on a wheel.. are those usable?
Oh I can just stare at your vanity for hours! :D :D

Awww thank you. No their not usable:( Some dont turn up. Some are new but looks all black and eatin up from the base of some of them. Its gross. So I make sure I keep the tops on them lol. Their just for display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic