Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's something modern you won't miss when it becomes obsolete?

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Conversations with people who speak of the Zombie Apocalypse as though it were a genuine phenomenon, like hurricanes or a tax audit. Also movies that cater to this demographic (no offense meant to any Floungers who may have the word "Zombie" as part of their user name).

Zombie+Apocalypse.+Its+already+here_af68ec_4574883.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh no, Down South representin.....

Usually (at work) I don't do street slang, if you can't ask me for something in regular language, then you learn to use it before you get the item.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I certainly hope UGG boots become obsolete. I won't miss them at all.

I also wouldn't miss Internet & texting slang if it were to vanish. It will probably replace the correct use and spelling of words, unfortunately.

X
BD

fashion frank

One Too Many
Self Checkout ,anywhere be it the food store or or a bank ,machines replacing people and putting them out of work.
What ever happened to human interaction ?
People wonder why kid's today have no social skills ,thats why they dont interact with people ,they have there sunglasses on, earbuds in their ears so no reason to inter act with anyone,what a shame.

All the Best,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
You forgot to mention some video game in their hands too. :p

Yes Mr. Powers you are correct , I see so many kids where I work (Ivy League University) with their face in a screen ,one day a kid walked right in front of the company truck I was driving and I almost hit him ,so absorbed in the screen and not looking where he was going, sad really.
All the Best , Fashion Frank

Last edited:
Yes Mr. Powers you are correct , I see so many kids where I work (Ivy Leauge University) with their face in a screen ,one day a kid walked right in front of the company truck I was driving and I almost hit him ,so absorbed in the screen and not looking where he was going, sad really.
All the Best , Fashion Frank

That is also a good way to get rolled by crooks too.:doh:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Or tires. :D

Video games have their place, IF you don't let them become your life.
I have my crime solving game in L.A. Noire.
But I also have other games such as Gran Turismo 5 (race cars and muscle cars), Monopoly, Tiger Woods Golf (with the motion controller) and Grand Theft Auto Vice City.
How much have I played them recently? Once maybe twice a week.
I have a bil though, that plays his military games almost the entire time he's not working.
Not a good use of his time if you ask me.

Or tires. :D

Video games have their place, IF you don't let them become your life.
I have my crime solving game in L.A. Noire.
But I also have other games such as Gran Turismo 5 (race cars and muscle cars), Monopoly, Tiger Woods Golf (with the motion controller) and Grand Theft Auto Vice City.
How much have I played them recently? Once maybe twice a week.
I have a bil though, that plays his military games almost the entire time he's not working.
Not a good use of his time if you ask me.

He needs a kick in the a$$. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A former marine that's 6'6 350lbs, I'll let you do it.
I can't even kick him that high up. :D
Or we can wait a year and my nephew will be tall enough.
I vote for the last one. :p
Then again, I can take his controller and outrun him. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum