Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the meaning behind your Avatar ?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I don't believe there was any reference to crazy intended at all.

Just a compliment to a lovely image.

4rzviu.png

For me this comes to mind.

btw: Thank you rue

Last edited:

rue

You bear a resemblance to Vivian Leigh. :)

By Golly..you're right..she does.
HD

Thank you both :)

We need to clarify that we are speaking of Vivian Leigh without all of the crazy involved. :p

Oh Shoot. Can we have just a little bit of crazy..?? [huh]:cool:
HD

There's always a little crazy ;)

I don't believe there was any reference to crazy intended at all.

Just a compliment to a lovely image.

4rzviu.png

For me this comes to mind.

btw: Thank you rue

Thank you! And you're welcome :)

Lafayette

New in Town
Mine's just a promo headshot from a recent stage production.

We we doing Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest." I was Jack/Earnest.

For the performance, I was wearing a nice double breasted suit for the production that would be more Fedora Lounge appropriate. Alas, there are no photos of me in it that are avatar-ish.

Now on my to-do list is scheduling a photo session where I'm suited up.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorite Golden Age actors. Actually, scratch that. He IS my favorite Golden Age actor. From Christmas classics like Shop Around the Corner and It's a Wonderful Life to just plain classics like Rear Window, Jimmy Stewart was one of the best who ever lived, and he lived it wearing the best.

F. J.

One of the Regulars
James Maitland Stewart, Decorated Combat Veteran.

Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorite Golden Age actors. Actually, scratch that. He IS my favorite Golden Age actor. From Christmas classics like Shop Around the Corner and It's a Wonderful Life to just plain classics like Rear Window, Jimmy Stewart was one of the best who ever lived, and he lived it wearing the best.

I couldn't agree more! He's my favourite actor as well.

He also was a great American, flying bombing missions during the Second World War.
Maj._Jimmy_Stewart.jpg
He joined as a private and ended the war as a colonel, and even served a little in Viet-Nam before retiring in 1968 as a brigadier general in the United States Air Force Reserve.
Brig._Gen._James_M._Stewart.jpg
In 1985, President Reagan awarded him the Presidental Medal of Freedom and promoted to major general on the retired list. His awards include the Air Force Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross with oak leaf cluster, the Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters, and the French Croix de Guerre with bronze palm.
Jimmy_Stewart_getting_medal.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Looks like Mr. Stewart is taking an eye exam,
and yes, what he is doing does make it possible to focus better. The
doc explained to me why...I just don't recall right now. !

333hlyh.jpg

"I was going to be an architect. I graduated with a degree in architecture & I had
a scholarship to go back to Princeton & get my Masters in architecture. I'd done theatricals
in college, but I'd done them because it was fun."
~ James Stewart.

Robin Schmidt ~ Pinterest

And we are all grateful that you didn't Mr. Stewart...Thank You Sir ! :eusa_clap
2jakes

Last edited:

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Mine is a photo of myself that was taken last May when I traveled out West to the Monument Valley area to scatter the ashes of a recently departed dear friend...

~shoes~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner