Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the name of James Taylor's hat?

marshack

New in Town
Can someone help me identify what type of hat James Taylor is wearing in this picture?

I am looking for a more casual hat and thought this might be a good one.

If you have any other suggestions to hats I would appreciate it as well.

Thank you.

JT_home.jpg

JT_bio.jpg

Welcome Marshack. The hat Tayor is wearing looks like a vintage long hair fedora. There aren't any hat companies making those type hats now, so it would either be vintage or custom made. It is a very nice hat, I like the color. I've seen him wear some nice fedoras in pictures. He makes good music too.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thats a heather(multi color fleck felt) with a silk finish. Looks vintage. Optimo does do both the felt and finish in a new Custom but the price is steep.
5072488884_c9eb18305c.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Lloyd said:
Check out beaver brand silk or velour finish fedoras at thefedorastore.com

I have a BB velour and suede, and neither has nap that long. Their Grand Peluche finish would be about that long, I think.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Salty O'Rourke said:
I have a BB velour and suede, and neither has nap that long. Their Grand Peluche finish would be about that long, I think.
Its not a fully long hair (nap). To create the "silk" finish a wire brush on a wheel is used to pull out a limited number of felt fibers from the densely felted body creating a lightly fuzzy outer surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay