Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your 'couple' song

Roaring Days

Familiar Face
you know, the song that you and your partner look at each other when you hear it and you get thatsmile on both of your faces. I'll kick it off, for me and my girl it is 'Message to my Girl' - Split Enz. A song that we both stated we loved when we had one of those 'first' time conversations. Even if you are single, give us your song that you would like to have as your 'couple' song. Even if it is 'Desperado- The Eagles (sinefield moment)lol

Shearer

Practically Family
Good thread idea!

Last couples song I had was "Dear Lover" by Social Distortion, the lyrics of which are not nearly as nice as the title implies.

It should have been a sign! :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well have not been a couple for a while, but the song I did love when I was was Tom Waits' version of "Hope That I dont Fall in Love With You" :rolleyes:

LD

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Oh gosh, all the possible "couple songs" I can think of between my boyfriend and I are 80's songs! I guess the main one is "Anything, Anything" by Dramarama. The lyrics are totally depressing though.

The first song we ever listened to together, which I think qualifies as a couple song, is "Dig Up Her Bones" by The Misfits. Another couple song would be "Hybrid Moments" by The Misfits. We love The Misfits. :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Nice thread.

Well lets see. The first song where our eyes met is Harry Nilsson's:
"Without you".
It was used in a commercial, we both saw at the ad-agency where we first met. And it hit us hard!!!

Five years later we married - and danced all night to:
Frank Sinatra: "New York, New York"...

After 20 years it must be - the one and only - Bette Midler's: "The Wind beneath my wings".

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We Love - The Association

I wake her, I hold her
I tell her I love her

And she smiles and says the same
She makes me feel like sunshine
when she says my name

Her laughing, her crying
Her caring, her sharing
Of my life means more to me
Than all the wealth and fame
that fortune brings to me

Turn your head around
Are you sure love's the feeling that surrounds you?
Does the question count when you feel good
As good inside as I do, do you?

The sun sets,
the gulls fly
We love us,
she and I

Dixon Cannon

Spitfire said:
Nice thread. Well lets see. The first song where our eyes met is Harry Nilsson's: "Without you".

Actually that song was a hit for Harry Nilsson but was actually written by a Welshman called Pete Ham of 'Badfinger'. Pete was an incredible songwriter but his career is probably the saddest in Rock history. I always like to make sure Pete gets his credit, thirty years after his tragic end. Listen to his version sometime on Badfinger's second LP, 'No Dice'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_You

-dixon cannon

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
Actually that song was a hit for Harry Nilsson but was actually written by a Welshman called Pete Ham of 'Badfinger'. Pete was an incredible songwriter but his career is probably the saddest in Rock history. I always like to make sure Pete gets his credit, thirty years after his tragic end. Listen to his version sometime on Badfinger's second LP, 'No Dice'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_You

-dixon cannon

Thanks Dix - Credit to the ones who deserve it!:eusa_clap
I sure will listen to the first version.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
My wife and I have two.

The first and original is:
"Only You" by the Platters

But, I sang a song to her at our wedding that I had to get tipsy in order to do, and the crowd loved it. The lyrics truly summed up my feeling for her, and that is:

“She’s A Lady” by Tom Jones

So, every time we hear either of those songs, we look at each other and smile

The first song we ever listened to together, which I think qualifies as a couple song, is "Dig Up Her Bones" by The Misfits. Another couple song would be "Hybrid Moments" by The Misfits. We love The Misfits.

Don't think I'd ever imagine a Misfits song to be a couples song. Who'd have thought Glenn Danzig would be remembered for writing silly love songs (except for, perhaps in his own twisted way, 'Skulls'.)

Can't really listen to The Zombies' 'This Will Be Our Year' any more without thinking of my ex. Turned out it never did arrive.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Rooster

Practically Family
I'm not nearly romantic enough to have a "theme song" for my wife and I.;) My manlyness would suffer....lol

griffer

Practically Family
uh, oh....

My wife and I have a couple, and here's where I get outed....

1- 'Interlude' - Morrissey & Siouxsie
2- 'Fairytale Of New York' - Pogues
3- 'Just Like Heaven' - Cure (and actually many, many cure songs...)

Daisy Buchanan

Haven't been in love for a while, but I was engaged to a guy with whom I had two songs, "The Summer Wind" by dear ol' Frankie and "No Ordinary Love" by Sade. Yup, it doesn't get more mooshy than that!! Actually, just about any Frank song I listen to reminds me of him. He jumped through a lot of hoops to get me very good tickets to see Frank here in Boston. That was the most romantic night of my life:)

rongoms

Familiar Face
We're both a bit sardonic, so "our" song is......

"You Can Leave Your Hat On", by Joe Cocker.

Seriously.

(like the way i worked "hat" into the thread? do ya? ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24