Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

magneto

Practically Family
I just remembered...Choward's Mints in the beautifully retro wrapping
violet.gif

(where else do you find violet flavored candy nowadays?* Though I prefer the lemon.)
*I have heard violet flavor candy came into vogue in the old days as it was unusually effective at masking alcohol smell on one's breath...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
magneto said:
violet.gif

(where else do you find violet flavored candy nowadays?* Though I prefer the lemon.)
*I have heard violet flavor candy came into vogue in the old days as it was unusually effective at masking alcohol smell on one's breath...

Chowards are great....we pick them up at the retro soda place, the mint ones are also nice. The pack is the perfect size for a ladies evening purse too.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
magneto said:
violet.gif

They sell Choward's at the smoke shop near us. I really like the lemon and the violet. And Neecerie, you're right, it is perfect size for an evening bag.

Everytime I see Mallo Cups in a store I have to have one. "Marty wants a Mallo Cup"
MMMMMMM!!!! Mallo Cups! Haven't had those since I was a kid. How about Mallomars? Just like a Mallo Cup, but with a cookie inside. My mom didn't allow us to have sweets when I was a kid, but every once in a while she'd let us pick something out. I'd choose Mallomars, and it was so funny to see my mom, miss anti-sweets, eat them. I later found out that they were her favorite cookie as well, and she ate them a lot when she was pregnant with me. Maybe that's why I like them and other marshmallow treats so much. That and tangerine yogurt, strange......

Barry

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
The only thing that they make which I don't like is that gum... Oh my god that gum is... well.. Neece can tell you

Lol..

I bought a box of that Violet gum. I think I'm going to open all the packs and put them in my hat boxes - should keep the moths away quite well I think!

Barry

Daisy Buchanan

Matt Deckard said:
The only thing that they make which I don't like is that gum... Oh my god that gum is... well.. Neece can tell you

Barry said:
Lol..

I bought a box of that Violet gum. I think I'm going to open all the packs and put them in my hat boxes - should keep the moths away quite well I think!

Barry

I can see that both of you dispise this gum!! Tell me how you really feel, Barry.:)
If you guys are gum chewers, and looking for something sweet and fruity, trident makes two new flavors. One is a watermelon mixture and the other is a tropical fruit. Not only do they taste really good, almost as good as a sugar based gum. But they are sugar free and contain xylitol. Xylitol is actually helpful in the maintenance of your teeth and gums. So, chewing this gum not only tastes good, but can actually be beneficial to your dental health.

Fred G.

Familiar Face
I'm not a big candy guy, but my favorite is Peanut butter and chocolate (Reese's, peanut butter M&Ms, and others).

Chocolates from Europe are great... a German fellow on assignment here brought some into the office, don't recall the brand... I like the way they pronounce it: Ssshhoco-lates...

Daisy Buchanan

I went to my favorite candy shoppe this past weekend. Zebs is in North Conway, New Hampshire.It is and old fashioned general store, with wood floors, that sells everything from old fashioned candy, gum, soaps, jellies and jams, and lots of other general store stuff. It has a wall of an old fashioned candy case, filled with all the nostalgic candy that I love. They also have big wooden barrels filled with candy and old fashioned coke bottles. I'm sure you can see by the piles of popcorn and candy in my arms, that I was like a kid in a candy store. I got kettle corn, gummy clown fish, rock candy, and PEZ of course. Did you know that gummies come in so many shapes and sizes. They even make gummy army men!

On another note, I went to the local pharmacy today, and saw some other treats that I hadn't seen mentioned on this thread. I really like Hot Tamales, carmel cremes (carmel with the white stuff in the center), and jolly ranchers. Werthers and creme savers are really good too. When I'm in the hospital, I'm not allowed to eat. But they do let me have hard candy. My mom always brings me bags of creme savers and jolly ranchers. Jolly ranchers has a limited edition bag out now, with old time soda flavors. They are really good. Just remember to brush!

Hondo

One Too Many
Butter toffee

Hershey's is a good from G.I. stand point, so Maybe it’s just me, but it seems so nostalgia, butter toffee peanuts (don't tell my dentist) they are always sweet and great eat, I wonder if anyone knows who started or make this candy.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
If I have to choose one...

I'd say Valomilk. I received some as a present a few years back and they were so good and brought back some very nice childhood memories.

Daisy Buchanan

Marc Chevalier said:
Eye candy.

HaHeHaHeHAHAHA!!!! You silly man!

Creme savers have some new flavors out, banana and creme and Mango and creme. They are really yummy.
Also, Jolly Ranchers have some new candy out too called jolly rancher double blasts. They are hard candy with a kind of tangy powder in the middle that oozes out slowly. They come in bags with cherry/orange, mango/lemon,raspberry/lime, strawberry/apple. I was recently sick, and not allowed to eat for 10 entire days, argh. But, they let me have hard candy to keep my mouth from getting too dry, just as long as I let them melt all the way, and didn't chew them up. I lived on creme savers, double blast jolly ranchers, and werthers. I'm surprised I didn't burn out on them. I'm eating a cherry orange jolly rancher right now, yum!!!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
See's

See's milk chocolate bordeaux

I can only go in for the cheap chocolate in desperation one in a while, so I can stay away from it pretty much.

Kim_B

Practically Family
If I'm in need of a quick fix, I'll settle for a Snickers or Butterfinger.

If I'm going to treat myself with a little something, I'll head to DeBrand. My favorites are Vanilla Butter Cream, Strawberry Passion, and Cherries & Cream. Their truffles are wonderful (Milk Chocolate and Raspberry are delicious), and if you're wanting something a little exotic, the Boysenberry, Chai, Passion, and Wild Berry from the Connoisseur Collection are tasty as well. They also have the best hot chocolate I've ever had...

Mmm...I might have to stop by this weekend!

As for other candies, I guess I'm seasonal. I like candy corn mixed with peanuts in the fall, and red hots mixed with peanuts around Valentine's Day. I don't really like hard candies. I guess chocolate is where it's at for me...oh, and cookies...mmm...cookies...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925