Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I'm going to have to look for See's.

Well,I couldn't find my lemon drops today,but I did pick up some Jujy Fruits.

Phil

A-List Customer
Wow, I clicked on the Recchiutti link. That looks like some high-end candy. I'd feel like I was eating away a fortune with each piece. I must say, I did forget about fudge. Fudge is oh so very good. I think I'm going to make a small pan tomorow. My favorites are either plain chocolate or chocolate-peanutbutter.

decodoll

Practically Family
Phil said:
Wow, I clicked on the Recchiutti link. That looks like some high-end candy. I'd feel like I was eating away a fortune with each piece. I must say, I did forget about fudge. Fudge is oh so very good. I think I'm going to make a small pan tomorow. My favorites are either plain chocolate or chocolate-peanutbutter.

It is a bit steep, but that keeps me from eating too much! lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DanielJones said:
Spearmint leaves, the jelly kind. My Pop used to get them all the time whenever we went camping. The smell and the taste alway bring back a fllod of great memories.

Cheers!

Dan
Those are really good. You get the crunch of the sugar coating and then the cool from the mint all in a chewy little bite. Sometimes I like to throw an orange or cherry one, just to mix it up a bit. I definitely like the gummier candies. I'll eat sour worms or sour patch kids every now and again, but prefer the older kinds of gummies like said spearmint leaves.

Haribo is the be all end all when it comes to gummy bears. Did you know that if you put a gummy bear in a glass of water, it will grow really big?Just a silly little thing we'd do to them when I was a kid. They still keep there shapes and there little faces but they more than triple in size.

The prizes in Kindereggs definitely beat Cracker Jack prizes. Kinder also makes an incredible chocolate bar with a cream and hazlenut center. Sooo good. European chocolate is by far better than American. Although I do like to partake in a Hershey's with almonds once in a while. Especially when making S'mores.

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
How could I forget about Kindereggs! In my basement there´s still a small suitcase full of the prizes that came with them (I wasn´t exactly scrawny as a kid...:D ) that I somehow couldn´t throw away.
Just a few weeks ago I saw some sort of documentary about how people who collect the tiny figures and they pay high sums for the rarer ones...made me think, maybe the candy addiction of my childhood years does pay now? :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Polyhistor said:
How could I forget about Kindereggs! In my basement there´s still a small suitcase full of the prizes that came with them (I wasn´t exactly scrawny as a kid...:D ) that I somehow couldn´t throw away.
Just a few weeks ago I saw some sort of documentary about how people who collect the tiny figures and they pay high sums for the rarer ones...made me think, maybe the candy addiction of my childhood years does pay now? :)
It really could pay off. Like I said earlier, I collect PEZ, and you would be amazed at the prices that some of the real vintage ones go for. I'd be so incredibly happy if I found a suitcase full of them in my basement.

Daisy Buchanan said:
I don't see a link, and now I'm aching to know what the mystery yummy is!:(

Oh geez, now the link isn't working. Well, it is the UNO candy bar.
Some one tells me that The bozo Show used to give them out as well. MMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM.
b41bawqx.jpg

candy.gif

Regards,

J

magneto

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
Oh geez, now the link isn't working. Well, it is the UNO candy bar.

Oh yes, Annabelle's candy company--a San Francisco (OK, now Hayward, CA) institution! Viva la Rocky Road! Are they distrubuted nationally, I wonder?
(Parenthetically, it is so sad many Bay Area sweet-makers (i.e. Mother's Cookies, the Hostess plants in SF and Oakland, etc) have left the area. Nothing like the waking up to the smell of Twinkies and coming home to the smell of raspberry.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Berkshire Sisters?

I think that See's and Fannie May are both owned by Berkshire Hathaway, therefore, those in the mid-west may see some resemblence between the two companies.;)

waingirl

One of the Regulars
yum, candy!!!

I absolutley love Kit Kat and Twix bars. Love, love, love! Does anyone have a "Dollar Tree" store around them, they sell larger sized candy for .50 cents. I have one within walking distance from my work, but I always have a toothbrush at work also.:D

BigSleep said:
Chocolate G.I.? Good ol Hershey bar!

Speaking of such, I was watching American Eats and they mentioned that the milk in a Hershey Bar gets soured during the processing. It is what gives it that flavor. I hadn't really noticed but it has been years since I had one anyway. I forgot to mention something they did though---M & Ms. Taste better now with their own chocolate rather than Hershey's in my opinion. [huh]

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925