Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your workout?

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I make sure I walk or jog at least three miles each day. About three times a week I do a routine of crunches, push-ups and German rifle/squat deals.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'll give the details later.

Before
meandval-vi.jpg

After
Colleiate12-vi.jpg

Check out this thread.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2153&highlight=caveman

D

Deleted member 259

1.Swing Dancing every Saturday night,
2.Heavy Lifting at work,
3.running around after kids all day,
4.lugging books to class.

farnham54

A-List Customer
Well since I don't do anything else all day, my time for exercise is through the roof!

Max pushups in one minute x 3
Max sit ups in one minute x 3
Pyramid Pullups (One pullup for One set, Two pullups in next set, 3 in next, 4 in next, 5 in next, etc. until you reach you absolute max, (let's say 6), then y ou do a set of 5, a set of 4, a set of 3, etc all the way down to one.)
Running (3 to 5 miles, depending on heat and smog) 3 times a week
Swimming as much as I can 3 times a week.

Its a LOT of work, and I only started it a couple of weeks ago, but it's a lot of fun. It's based on a Navy Seal workout; the key is to know when you've had enough and not push yourself to injury--which is another reason I like using only my own body weight. Using machines or free weights of x amount greatly increases the chance for injury if you do not use proper form, and since I'm on my own, it's often hard to find someone who will watch form for me.

Anyway, thats my thing :)

Cheers
Craig

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Racquetball mon-wed-fri from 6:30-8am (my gym is right across the street from my library, so I can shower, shave, eat a bowl of oatmeal, and be at work by 8:30.

Racquetball burns around 600 calories per hour.

Tuesday and Thursday, we do vigorous calisthenics and stretching.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Here is my routine!

I usually do weight lifting: 12 ounces at a time, six repetitions per day.
I also do left handed pulls - to the fridge handles.
I like to surf- (the TV channels).
I also do a lot of running - the cell phone bill.
Then I love to do lifts - of my dinner fork.

HHHHHAHAHAHH

No, I ride my bike on our beautiful paths and trails, take our golden retrievers on long walks in the hills, and work out in my garden.

Now my wife runs 10 miles a day and then goes to the club for two hours every day. Hummmm, maybe that is why she is so cute and healthy!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I think dynamic tension must be hard work

and yet I do a variation of it.
I occasionally do a workout that Gilad Janklowicz had on television.
It has a warm-up, stretch, body work and cool down.
Much of the body work is based on dynamic tension like Charles Atlas recommened.

As always,
The Wolf

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Such strenuous living, I just don't understand...

Kidding of course. I try to run every other day, about 3.5 miles. It keeps my wind up, and makes sure I don't gain back the 50lbs I lost last summer.

Oscar Tong

Familiar Face
Workout? What workout?

I don't even try to exercise. The closest I ever come to working out is walking and cycling to travel. (I don't drive—I see no need for it.) I once lost thirty pounds over six months by walking twenty minutes thrice a week. I wasn't even trying to lose weight or get more exercise; I was just going places. Oh, well.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Y'all ain't gonna be biking much in those vintage type suits y'all are a wanting. I don't know what kinda heat y'all have been experiencing in the great white north, but I gotta have AC in my vehicle.

Oscar Tong

Familiar Face
(Pant, pant, huff, huff, wheeeeeeeeeeze!)

Biltmore Bob said:
Y'all ain't gonna be biking much in those vintage type suits y'all are a wanting. I don't know what kinda heat y'all have been experiencing in the great white north, but I gotta have AC in my vehicle.
Well, my suit isn't vintage at all, temporally speaking (but I'll leave that for another topic). Anyway, I don't know about other Vancouverites, but I think Vancouver gets pretty darn warm during summertime. (I have lived in Vancouver for over sixteen years, and I have never gotten used to the summer and winter weather here. It's too hot in summer, and too cold in winter.) I've had people tell me this summer that the reason for the heat is the humidity.

Last year, I cycled regularly in my suit and sport jacket. What I hadn't thought about, though, was that the suit was a winter suit made of wool gabardine. Believe me, it got rather moist underneath my shirt. The worst part was that cycling did nothing for my weight. I suppose it's more of a cardiovascular exercise. Walking, not cycling, helps me control my weight. I would do neither purely as exercise, though.

This year, I'll just walk and use public transportation to travel. The overabundance of inclines in Vancouver, combined with my weak constitution, makes cycling a little intimidating for me. Moreover, it's a real hassle to bind the legs of my trousers to my legs in order to keep my bike's forward gear from ripping up the legs. Has anybody else had this problem when cycling?

shamus

Suspended
well since we're all losing weight.. how about someone who use to wear a 44 long and can't now sell me their old "Fat Suit" and I'll give it a new home...

I walk to work... (I think one of 3 people in LA) and ride my gary fisher not as often as I'd like.

Bad part of my job is I sit on my buttocks all day long. I try to eat heathy, but still enjoy ice cream now and then. I've stayed basically the same weight my whole life, not too skinny, not too fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff