Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When do you ask for your money back?

Spellflower

Practically Family
Justdog said:
Hi:

Have you entertained treatment for the band or a replacement.
Personally I think you got a pretty good deal on the Wormser.

I'm going to try Lexol, but I'm not confident it will have much affect. These sweats are brittle as glass. If it does work, I will have to write to Lexol for a promotional deal.

Spellflower

Practically Family
I just got back from my local hatter. He took one look at the sweats and said, "They're not leather."

Turns out they're made of a synthetic leather substitute coating of some kind and are probably mostly cardboard. Over time, the stuff hardened and became brittle. No wonder Lexol didn't work. :eusa_doh:

Fortunately, he says it should be no problem to bring the Beaver up to my size with a new sweat, and I asked him to bring the Wormser up as much as he could without distorting it. We'll see what I get in a bout a week.

Justdog

Practically Family
Natural oils

Spellflower said:
I'm going to try Lexol, but I'm not confident it will have much affect. These sweats are brittle as glass. If it does work, I will have to write to Lexol for a promotional deal.

Just to note. I have been wearing a new old adams open road silver belly clone and it started out at 7 1/8 I put a 12 dollar hat stretcher in it overnight, once, and that gave me a bit more from the 1/8 it shrank. The best thing I noticed so far over 2 months is the natural oils in my forehead are really making the band pliable and it is now conforming ncely to my head. It was prettty tight before but now as the oils and warmth seep into the band it is confroming to my head shape. I could only wear it for a few hours at first now I can leave it on all day and it is realll comfy. Another nice oil is baseball glove oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou