Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are the good Italian Restaurants????

rumblefish

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
I won't know when until my vacation request is approved. I get three weeks this year, but I have to wait until the end of March to see when I've been approved.[huh]
I remember a nice Italian restaurant in Key Largo right on Rt 1. If I can get the name I'll PM you. If your driving through you can't miss it.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The only decent place restaurant in the whole valley is Le Nonne. The chef/owner is actually Italian, so the food is authentic. My favorite dish is the crab ravioli in a garlic and pepper cream sauce. The restaurant is in a converted Victorian home, so the atmosphere is nice. We've had several birthday or anniversary dinners there.

Brad

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Luigi's in Akron, Ohio-since 1949, and it still looks like it's 1949 when you walk in, the atmosphere is soooo cool-tremendous pizza!

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Smithy said:
Melbourne, Australia ;)

I've been to that Italian row in Melbourne and the restaurants are quite good.

I think the general problem with Italian restaurants in the US is that they focus too much on pasta and tomato. Not enough regions of Italy are properly represented in the US.

I like to dine Italian in Italy or Argentina.

Murph351

One of the Regulars
The Capri in Eagle Rock, CA
Just a fun, throwback of a restaurant, in a big city.
Everyone is always smiling and friendly.
http://www.nelanet.org/businessfinder/cateringdining/capri.htm
capri2.jpg

dani

Familiar Face
there is a place in alcoa tennessee called little italy, and they are great. the family opened one in maryville tennessee as well.

Snookie

Practically Family
Murph351 said:
The Capri in Eagle Rock, CA
Just a fun, throwback of a restaurant, in a big city.
Everyone is always smiling and friendly.
http://www.nelanet.org/businessfinder/cateringdining/capri.htm
capri2.jpg

I went to Eagle Rock HS and spent several nights there, nice memories. I've actually been thinking about this restaurant lately, but couldn't remember the name. Thanks!

My favorite restaurant (that also happens to be Italian) is Market City Cafe, on San Fernando Blvd in Burbank. I could make a meal of their breadsticks and iced tea! They also have a wonderful patio. My husband and I ate there the day after we got engaged and the day after we were married.

Some of those other places in the Valley sound great! We might have to drive a little deeper and try them out.

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
I went to Eagle Rock HS and spent several nights there, nice memories. I've actually been thinking about this restaurant lately, but couldn't remember the name. Thanks!

My favorite restaurant (that also happens to be Italian) is Market City Cafe, on San Fernando Blvd in Burbank. I could make a meal of their breadsticks and iced tea! They also have a wonderful patio. My husband and I ate there the day after we got engaged and the day after we were married.

Some of those other places in the Valley sound great! We might have to drive a little deeper and try them out.

Here is a link that has a fun list of some great old places in and around LA
http://www.latimemachines.com/

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anyone know the name of the Italian resturant in the L.A. area with the ceiling that was encrusted with decorations? That was a good one. I went there in the 90s and while I can tell you what shoes I wore I can't remember where it was or the name.
Although I make the best sauce I still go out to eat and it's usually to one of these three excellent Italian restaurants here in Rochester: Valicia's, Agatina's, Red Fedele's Brook House. They all play the right music, service is excellent, lots of good food, a Manhattan is 4 bucks and you can get tripe.

Highlander

A-List Customer
The HILL in St. Louis has some of the finest Italian Restaurants I have ever eaten at. Cunnetos, and Zias are two of my favorites. But there are numerous excellent Italian Restaurants there. I don't think you can go wrong at any of them.

Steve

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cafe Giovanni

in Berkeley!
Has a huge back dining room with a central fireplace and murals of Venice on the walls, over red leather booths.
Huge portions, delicious home-cooked food, and full bar. And truly addictive foccacia bread, hot from the oven!
As the only restaurant in Berkeley that is open late, my husband and I used to go there when we were courting, and I worked until 10. It's swell.

splatt

One of the Regulars
If you are in Australia you can't go past Pellegrinis Bar in Bourke Street, Melbourne...the home of the best coffee and some of the best pasta and cakes in the country :)

It was one of the first stops my dad made when he got of the boat (S.S. Toscana) from Italy with his Italian friends in October of 1958. He introduced it to me in the 1970's as a kid and its been a favourite of mine ever since then.

If you want to know more about Pellegrinis, which was started in the early 1950's I believe, read the Miettas review or a small story by a Pellegrinis fan.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Basta Pasta in North Beach San Francisco

Is this still going?[huh] - I went there on my honeymoon...

Il Gondoliere.. cnr Whistler St Manly and the Corso Sydney...hole in the wall type

Mezzaluna... in Kings Cross - son of Beppi Polese

Buon Riccordo...Paddington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo