Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where cah I research the label in a flight jacket?

Viviene

Vendor
I have a brown flight jacket that I'm trying to research. At one time I had a link where I could check government contracts to verify the age of the jacket. Does anyone know of such a site? Thank you in advance. :)

Mike K.

One Too Many
Try just posting a pic here -or- simply type the label description.

There are plenty of people here at the Fedora Lounge who have a lot of expertise with everything flight jackets who would be willing to help.

I will also direct your attention to the Fedora Lounge WWII forum, specifically the sticky thread "List of USAAF A-2 Makers & Order Numbers" (that is IF your brown flight jacket is an A-2).

:) :)

Viviene

Vendor
Gentlemen thank you very much. The flight jacket was acquired from the mother of a gentleman who joined the navy in 1957-1958. I'm guessing at this point that the jacket is from the late 60s-early 70s. It was made by Star Sportswear Mfg. Co. I've provided a couple of pictures so you can see what I have.

alfrednavyjacketf.jpg

alfrednavyjacketcu.jpg

alfrednavyjacketback.jpg

alfrednavyjacketrightside.jpg

alfrednavyjacketlabel.jpg

Viviene

Vendor
I appreciate the information anyway. I have another jacket that I believe is an A-2 from the army air corps that I'll now be able to research. I do appreciate the assistance. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic