Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I have untraditional artwork painted on a jacket?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Ive been contemplated getting my dog or his head painted on one of my favorite jackets. Ive never loved a dog like I love this guy and I think it might be a neat idea. Id like to run it by someone who does jacket artwork and see what they think.

I have lots of photos, but Im thinking about using his head from this photo:

94fecbda49fef41aa7a5b6048f86a934.jpg

I know a lot of you probably think its a good way to ruin a perfectly good jacket and you may be right...but I still want to find out more about it.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Hope this doesn't sound rude, but have you considered, umm... just a t-shirt instead of a jacket? I mean, for the price of a painted jacket you could have a whole collection of t-shirts with the dog's photo or other artwork. And if you finally decide you don't like the t-shirts after all, you can always wear the jacket over them....

JLStorm

Practically Family
TheSnark said:
Hope this doesn't sound rude, but have you considered, umm... just a t-shirt instead of a jacket? I mean, for the price of a painted jacket you could have a whole collection of t-shirts with the dog's photo or other artwork. And if you finally decide you don't like the t-shirts after all, you can always wear the jacket over them....

LOL, ya I have. A lot will depend on the price. I wasnt planning on using a newer jacket, but a good condition jacket that I bought used. If the price is going to be hundreds of dollars than its not worth it. If its around $100 or so, its a neat idea.

My friends suggest a tattoo, but Im just not into tattoos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany