Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where could I find a jacket like this one?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hasn't that Brando photo been colourised? I'm sure the original was green.
I see Aero have just announced that, in light of the colour images that have emerged, they are releasing a Waterfront in red:

"We are about to relaunch our Aero Waterfront jacket. Inspired by the jacket worn by Marlin Brando in the 1954 film "On the Waterfront". Our previous Waterfront was in green and black wool but after recently discovered colourised images showing his jacket to be red and black we will be relaunching ours in a beautiful Red and Black Heavy wool. We will be showing our jacket at Jacket Required in London 26th - 27th Jan along with many other new Aero lines. You can watch on the Waterfront tonight on BBC2. (Artwork credit to Jo King)

AdeeC

Practically Family
I see Aero have just announced that, in light of the colour images that have emerged, they are releasing a Waterfront in red:

"We are about to relaunch our Aero Waterfront jacket. Inspired by the jacket worn by Marlin Brando in the 1954 film "On the Waterfront". Our previous Waterfront was in green and black wool but after recently discovered colourised images showing his jacket to be red and black we will be relaunching ours in a beautiful Red and Black Heavy wool. We will be showing our jacket at Jacket Required in London 26th - 27th Jan along with many other new Aero lines. You can watch on the Waterfront tonight on BBC2. (Artwork credit to Jo King)

That's good to hear. I will be putting my order in when officially for sale. I hope they offer both the red and green. At this stage more likely to go for the green though I will be happy to buy the red one also.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These jackets were everywhere when I was growing up (not far from Hoboken) back in the Fifties in black/red, green/red, and other combinations and were called hunting jackets where I lived. I forget exactly when, but about twenty or thirty years ago there was a big resurgence of interest in them on the fashion front and I saw them everywhere for a few years. They've never gone out of production, and you can find lots of them from all periods on the bay at prices that range wildly, but I saw a few very nice original ones just the other day at very reasonable cost.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lately I have been buying every red and black piece of clothing I can find. Last week I got the red and black Filson mackinaw to match the vest and cap that I bought last month. I gave another vest to a friend of mine for Christmas, and his wife had him out chopping trees in the yard the very next day!

Edward

Bartender
I marginally orefer the green, but the red gives me a great excuse to buy another! ;-) i made the mistake back in the day of buying the right size to wear over a shirt; room for layering would be a better idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany