Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Chris Dillon said:
My parents ;)

:D My initials (forum username) came from my parents. I'm shy about exposing my real name on the internet, though, unless it is absolutely necessary, such as when I purchase or fill out certain forms.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The fact that I am a complete newbie to all things vintage, Golden Era, and style in general. I came into this place to learn, to be taught and to acquire information. There is always something I don't know. As such, I am a neophyte.

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
A really bad cigar is called a dogrocket. When I first started smoking them, my best friend used to mootch them by asking if I had any dogrockets. The P is the first initial of my first & last name. Like so many other people, I don't want to use my real name on the internet. I use dogrocktp for everything, so there is consistency on the internet. Be well!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Land_OLakes_logo.png

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Knoxville Roxie

Knoxville Roxie is my Pin Up Name - I model and everyone deserves and alter ego!

I chose Roxie as I wanted Roxie Heart but that was too obvious and taken so I chose Knoxville Roxie.

and there you have it.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
In fact it was my mother holding her ground against my grandma who demanded that I should be given a good traditional Austrian name like Erhard, Franz, Ambros or Maximilian. Knowing that my grandmother would absoutely hate it she gave me that deliberately outlandish name, Mario. It's obviously Italian and even in the ever-so-liberal late 60's it was still considered an affront to be given a name coming from what was then widely regarded as a nation of mere guest-workers and hotel servants. In my schooldays all my friends had coffee cups bearing their (German) names. Alas, no Mario cups were available back then. I got badly traumatized... :rolleyes: :D

There you go...

laotou

One of the Regulars
Lao Tou is what my friends in Beijing call me.
It's colloquial for "Grand Pa"
The literal translation is "Old Head"
You can take that anyway you want.:D
Round these parts some folks call me "Pops"

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mario said:
In fact it was my mother holding her ground against my grandma who demanded that I should be given a good traditional Austrian name like Erhard, Franz, Ambros or Maximilian. Knowing that my grandmother would absoutely hate it she gave me that deliberately outlandish name, Mario. It's obviously Italian and even in the ever-so-liberal late 60's it was still considered an affront to be given a name coming from what was widely regarded as a nation of mere guest-workers and hotel servants. In my schooldays all my friends had coffee cups bearing their (German) names. Alas, no Mario cups were available back then. I got badly traumatized... :rolleyes: :D

There you go...

Very interesting!

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
@ laotou :)

So many interesting stories here...mine's pretty simple. My Dad always used to say "Stop being such a Mugwump" or he would just call me "Mugwump" for laughs - still does, just not as much. What can I say, sue me for being a "functional depressive" lol :p
My other online name is Mugsy_358, or some variation of. Like a few others here, I dislike using my real name unless I have to - not that it's an ugly name, just mildly paranoid I guess. That's why you'll never see me on facebook - there's a couple of people out there that I'd rather didn't find me ;)

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
In fact it was my mother holding her ground against my grandma who demanded that I should be given a good traditional Austrian name like Erhard, Franz, Ambros or Maximilian. Knowing that my grandmother would absoutely hate it she gave me that deliberately outlandish name, Mario. It's obviously Italian and even in the ever-so-liberal late 60's it was still considered an affront to be given a name coming from what was then widely regarded as a nation of mere guest-workers and hotel servants. In my schooldays all my friends had coffee cups bearing their (German) names. Alas, no Mario cups were available back then. I got badly traumatized... :rolleyes.

I've been wondering that for awhile, Mario. Thanks. I've been frequenting some of the threads you frequent and have been curious.

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou