Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Shovelhead

New in Town
Shovelhead comes from the nickname given to Harley Davidson big twin (74 & 80") motorcycle engines built from 1966 to 1984. I was known at the Harley dealership I worked at as the Shovelhead guy as everyone else rode newer bikes. I also own a newer one, a '02. But the nickname of that is less flattering, the "Fathead" motor:D

dostacos

Practically Family
I actually got a PM here asking what mine was, that is why it is on the bottom of my posts :D

longer version, I was on a Tacoma offroading message board and lots the names were dealing with our trucks. I started using it on other boards so I would remember it....:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
If you look on a college campus today, you see students wearing horrendous clothing. Those shorts that come below the knee. Are those pants or shorts or what? Cargo Pants when they do come to the ankle are considered "Dress pants." Untucked shirts.... And fraternity guys seem to take it to the extreme

1914124540_629caa3add.jpg

totally awful!

But some of us are trying to change that, bring back khakis, blue Blazers penny/tassel loafers. "Old School" Like pics and movies that depicted fraternity men in the 1930's

kyda

One of the Regulars
What is in a name

Mine is a combination of my DH's name and my name. Most of the time if I go to use my nick-name from school it is already taken.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
I probably could have been a little more creative like some of the other one's I've seen, but I enjoy cigars and pipe tobacco . . . I work in a tobacco shop so I came up with CigarMan.

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
two places, first the song "girl anachronism" just because that song is awesome. I guess that song made me love the word.

second, I had a friend that day that kept saying I was an anachronism. =]
It would be so much cooler if my first name were "Ana" though
then I could have a silly scene name like "ANAchronism" or just "Ana Anachronism"

draws

Practically Family
The first 4 letters are my initials including my confirmation name. The S was added to complete the term "draws" because I am an artist - "Oil Paintings" and "Pencil Sketches".

Redifer

New in Town
Redifer is the petname my husband gave me, a twist on my natural haircolor (and therefore, nickname) and my given name. Red + Jennifer = Redifer.

It has since caught on in the past few years. Nearly everyone I know calls me either "Red" or "Redifer".

JME2

New in Town
JME is actually my initials, with the 2 representing my status as a 'Junior' to my father (yes, I bore the brunt of many Last Crusade jokes growing up; hasn't stopped me from liking the movie).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran