Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the Spring????

Kimberly

Practically Family
It is April 4th and I am looking out the window at snow!! It is actually starting to accumulate on the grass. :eek:

I live in Massachusetts and don't think I have seen the sun since Saturday. You gotta love New England. ;)

Does anyone here have spring yet and if so, how is it. I seem to have forgotten what it felt like. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i've been in MA for 10 years and i honestly have no idea why i'm still here. oh wait, it's because i can't @#%*ing afford to move! man i hate this place.

some day, i will move back to WA, where winter is over by mid-march.

Rooster

Practically Family
We had spring for a while here in Iowa. Not any more....Pesently it's in the upper 30's and windy with gusts to 40+ mph and a few snow flurries. Supposed to go down to 23* tonight.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
We've got spring over here! If the weather man's right, we're in for some nice weather (well, at least for this time of year!).
right now the flower's are in bloom, birds are out, and the frogs are making a huge ruckus every night!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ARGH!!!! It's snowing here in Boston, this is crazy. But, I've lived in the MA/RI area all my life and I know better than to expect anything else. Our springs here are very short. Well, we have spring, but either it's clear and still pretty cold, or it rains on the warm days. Then one morning I'll wake up and it will be sunny and 90 degrees, which I don't mind at all if it's not humid. Weather in New England is really getting crazy. We only had one snow storm this winter and it happened in March, when it's supposed to be a bit warmer. Yet in December and January, when the majority of the days are below freezing, this year the majority of the days were in the high 40's and low 50's. We even had a day in January when the temps reached 60! And now, when it's supposed to be in the high 50's to 60's, it's hovering at freezing and it's snowing and hailing out!

Sunny

One Too Many
Spring's arrived in Texas when the tornado sirens wail.

For example, last night. :eek: Severe weather has been happening for two weeks, and only begins once the warm air masses are warm enough that cool fronts drifting down from the mountains run into them. Then the hail flies!

It's been fairly spring-like here (highs in the 70s-80s) since... oh, early- to mid-March. With the cold front that precipitated the storms last night, we won't get out of the 60s the rest of the week. It hasn't been this way since early March.

Our typical yearly irony is that Easter Sunday is usually the last not-warm day of the season. This year it's to be rainy and not out of the 60s. Two years ago there was an inch of snow thirty miles west of us!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We've already had spring. Two days last week -- it was swell. I almost even had an ice cream cone, but the wind changed and it got too cold.

Six to eight inches of snow due tonight. Winter's just around the corner.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
To all the Northerners, I repeat, send your "awful" weather down here! :eusa_doh: ;) You can have this oppresive, daily mid 80 degree heat with all the blessings in the world!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday it was totally sunny and around 70 - I was out hiking with my kids wearing just T-shirts. Today it's 39 degrees with blasting rain and wind, and there isn't another day when it's expected to break 50 degrees in the extended forecast. Pretty darn annoying, actually...

Mike K.

One Too Many
Springtime in south Florida? I think those are the few days experienced each January when "cold" fronts come through. The rest of the year is summer.
;)

Kim_B

Practically Family
It was beautiful Monday and Tuesday - high 70's and sunshine, then today came rolling around with it's 30¬? temps and freaking snow. What a shock to the system that was! All the poor little daffodils and tulips that have started to bloom will be in for a rough night!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Today was one day I missed my former home, in San Diego.

Iowa, within a little over a week, went from being 80 degrees (too hot for March) to a windy, snow-flurried 23 degrees (too, too cold for April).

Some of my friends and family believe that global warming, or something, has ended spring and fall, my two favorite seasons. Mother says that over the past few years, she has not had a break from huge utility bills: one day she turns on the heat, the next day the air conditioner.

karol

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I too am ready for spring. We got a taste of it, but now the snow is flying again. When I left work yesterday evening it was 70 degrees outside. Today is was only 30 degrees!

The weatherman says that Easter Sunday is is supposed to be colder than last Christmas. If the snow keeps falling we are are going to have a white Easter (a contrast to our green Christmas).

Blowing

Yes..HoosierLand is blowing now with 30 degrees and surely sub 0 40 mi per spitting snow wind! EeGawds...and I was riding the Harley in 80 degree sunshine only days ago.:(
HDdddee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo