Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy 1900s - 1920s originals in germany

Phong Van Lee

New in Town
my dear friends,
i will do a travel throu all germany to visit historical "wheinachtsmarkts".
being in germany already i would like to see and buy vintage clothing of 1900-1920.
are there vintage fairs and shops you can recommend?
thanks for all your answers!
phong

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am sorry but there is no place like this as far as I know. You can look on fleamarkets but they are more likely to be worthwile in the summer. Good weather will bring out more private sellers who might sell stuff they found in the basement or in the wardrobe of their (grand)parents. I saw a few toppers and an full morning dress set in a small size that could be that old.

The most vintage shops you will find in berlin. I don't know if they have stuff that goes as far back as 1900 and 1910s but well... A few shops in Berlin are Die Spitze, Glencheck and
http://www.spitze-berlin.de/
http://www.glencheck-berlin.de/
http://www.mimi-berlin.de/
Also have a look at http://www.kleidermarkt.de/html/filialen.html It is a chain of second hand shops who sell clothes per weight. There is modern and vintage stuff and you need more time to find something. But then you could make a bargain.

hope that helps,

Florian

Phong Van Lee

New in Town
Dear Florain,
thank you so much for these very valuable pieces of information.
I will definately have to go to Berlin!
I am new in town at Fedora Lounge, perhaps you know the solution to a problem I have:
For me it is impossible to load up a profile picture, the button "edit profile picture" as described
in the FAQs is missing.....mayby I am blind and stupid or both.....
Thanks
Phong

Flat Foot Floey

You are welcome. But I don't know the reason why you can't upload the picture. First go to "settings" then scroll down and click edit profile picture. It will look like this:
There is also a limit for the file size as seen in the screenshot.
profilepicj.jpg

kallupke

New in Town
Hello Phong,

if you go to Berlin anyway, check also:

www.vintagesuits.de

perhaps they can help you, they are located in Berlin and have a very large collection of
vintage men's wear.
But very important: call them and make an appointment, they do not have a shop!

By the way I have the same problem with the profile picture, maybe it has to do with the number
of posts you do.....I cannot even fill pictures into the text.....do I have to drop a coin before???????

Flat Foot Floey

Oh wow. They changed their mind? One year ago they just wanted to sell big bundels to moviemakers or otherbig time buyers. They told they won't sell single suits in special sizes. I was very disappointed. I need to get there. (Don't expect a suit for 150€ though)

Flat Foot Floey

PS: I think you need a number of posts to write private messages (15?) But I can't remember about the minimum for a profile picture. Just write some comments and you will be fine.

kallupke

New in Town
I see, thats the way it works with posting privileges....thanks for the info!

Last month I called the Vintage Suits guys and they still are doing whole sales for theatrical and film usage.
But they told my that they made the new homepage because so many private collectors called them.
They note down your measurements and your wishes concerning period and model and try to find what you want.
I am looking for a 30s brown pinstripe suit in german 56, which is not so easy....
Also asked them if it is possible to come by and they said yes, but they have nothing for me at the moment, I will go
there anyway in december.
They probably have mostly the 50s, 60s and 70s but still some older stuff too
There seams to be no mystery about the whole thing, talk to them they are quite nice.
Anyone else contacted them too?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh wow. They changed their mind? One year ago they just wanted to sell big bundels to moviemakers or otherbig time buyers. They told they won't sell single suits in special sizes. I was very disappointed. I need to get there. (Don't expect a suit for 150€ though)

I already posted that link a few weeks ago. I went to see the boys a couple of days ago and they have an incredible German 30's suit with belted back jacket in a medium gray. The jacket fits, the pants don't. Surprise!

Phong Van Lee

New in Town
Dear Florain,
thanks once again for all your efforts especially for the scan!
I am very delighted having those addresses in Berlin, maybe me wishes are coming true....
hope to find a complete german frock coat suit with waistcoat and german tailors patch,
one of my friends has one and it looks just georgious.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner